Sign in to follow this  

irrigation temps are now heating plants

goboking
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Before this update water temperature had no effect on a plant so long as the pipes were made of abyssalite.  That appears to no longer be the case.  I don't know if this is an unintentional bug or an unannounced change to the way irrigation works so I'm going to mention it just in case it's the former.

Steps to Reproduce
irrigating hydroponic farms with hot water piped from steam geysers via abyssalite pipes
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Before the "automation upgrade", when I was playing the "petroleum upgrade", all my farms already suffered cooling/warming changes because of the irrigation.
Peppernuts stop growing because of cold water... and SleetWheat because of hot water...

Maybe you were using the "correct temperature water" in your previous maps... check it out

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Bill Almeida said:

Before the "automation upgrade", when I was playing the "petroleum upgrade", all my farms already suffered cooling/warming changes because of the irrigation.
Peppernuts stop growing because of cold water... and SleetWheat because of hot water...

Maybe you were using the "correct temperature water" in your previous maps... check it out

I've been irrigating my sleet wheat and bristle blossom farms with hot water piped directly from the steam geysers for about 650 cycles now and didn't have a problem with water temperature until I loaded the game for the first time post-Automation Upgrade.  That water comes in well above 100 °F.  The rooms are still climate controlled, the pipes are still made from abyssalite, and the hydroponic farms are still made from wolframite.

I suppose the daily temperature spikes could also be due to fertilizer temperatures, but that too was working fine before the upgrade went live.

Share this comment

Just calculate how much wate/s is required and build liquid valves for each of farms... the less wateris in farm - the slower heating is.

On 22.11.2017 at 8:21 PM, goboking said:

I've been irrigating my sleet wheat and bristle blossom farms with hot water piped directly from the steam geysers for about 650 cycles now and didn't have a problem with water temperature until I loaded the game for the first time post-Automation Upgrade.  That water comes in well above 100 °F.  The rooms are still climate controlled, the pipes are still made from abyssalite, and the hydroponic farms are still made from wolframite.

I suppose the daily temperature spikes could also be due to fertilizer temperatures, but that too was working fine before the upgrade went live.

Share this comment