Graphical Bug

vascoegertklei
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

First of all, congrats on launch!!! So happy for you guys and I'm excited to see what is yet to come in the adorable world of ONI.

Since Launch, I've had a small graphical issue, which can be seen in the following screenshot:

5d42fa79b41f3_ScreenShot2019-08-01at16_35_43.thumb.png.1df018b2b48794fea1d35fac54531691.png

Basically, the 'edges' of natural tiles have no texture, only colour. If the chunks are only 1-tile wide, then the entire tile is only one colour (e.g. sandstone is brown, slime dark green, granite light brown/purple). This never happened before Launch (even on the LU testing branch).

This bug appeared on my old save and, after starting a new game, it was present there as well. I only use the "Average Geyser Output" and "Deconstructable POIs" mods - nothing that affects textures or structures. It's not game-breaking, but the world looks less pretty :(

Verifying game cache did not help. Running out of ideas here!

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Processor 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

Thanks!

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce
Start a new game on any map. The graphics will be this way from the very start.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

I found a temporary solution through Reddit. Apparently changing the game resolution to native and then putting it back to whatever resolution you want to play in solves the issue. It does sometimes crop up again but now at least there is a quick fix.

Share this comment