Food is not put into fridge

Yannick Vachon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I am playing on the last release from earlier today (371951) with a few mods (but nothing new for a least 2-3 weeks I would say and the following problem was not happened last week).

I was wondering why my great barbeque and stuffed berries were going rotten since it never happened in the 1800+ cycle of this base. So I checked my kitchen to find that all the food was on the floor instead of the unpowered fridge in carbon dioxide. Checking that the path was free did not reveal any issues, yet no errand at all was queued (it was not that the rank of tasks was too low but that there was no errands at all being queued for that food.

When I ordered manually to sweep the food, the duplicant brough the food to the fridge but I could not see any errand at all being generated.

Save file is attached for investigation.

The Transdimensional Pigpen.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Just load the game and check that no errand was generated for the piece of food on the floor.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

Sorry I can't open the save file as my pc is not powerful enough, but it could be a priorities problem, do you have enough "storing" dupes (dupes with higher store priorities), also are you doing big sweeping errands in the meantime, as this will simply override your food priorities?
I'm pretty sure you did not put your fridge to "sweep only", but just to be sure let's write it out.
Finally, for this repetitive task, I suggest you use a conveyor loader and just drop it in carbon dioxide so that your dupes don't have to do it manually.

Share this comment

The thing is, is there was errands but with like 50 tasks before them, it would mean a priority issue. Here, when I watch the errands tabs of the food, there is nothing at all.

On that save map, I have 24 duplicants, which at least 4-6 are storing things as their main job. And with the priority enabled option, they should pick the food at least in the morning before going out of the base to do stuff farther away with the same priority.

As for conveyor, they could help but considering I am always out of power (which I do not understand and I am trying to figure out), putting more stuff that takes power on my grid would not work. Maybe once this work it could help though...

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Yannick Vachon said:

The thing is, is there was errands but with like 50 tasks before them, it would mean a priority issue. Here, when I watch the errands tabs of the food, there is nothing at all.

On that save map, I have 24 duplicants, which at least 4-6 are storing things as their main job. And with the priority enabled option, they should pick the food at least in the morning before going out of the base to do stuff farther away with the same priority.

As for conveyor, they could help but considering I am always out of power (which I do not understand and I am trying to figure out), putting more stuff that takes power on my grid would not work. Maybe once this work it could help though...

Pickable DOES NOT have errands storage DOES so don't click the food, click the fridge, second, dude go petroleum boiler for EZ free power. If you have no volcanoes still use some geyser or even rockets exhaust in combination with steam turbines, GL.

Share this comment

I have the same problem, my food stock in a powered fridge was about 500 000 calories.

After XX cycles, my food storage was down to zero, and I'm ranching Shove Voles...

Share this comment