Extreme lag/low fps


Feenixstorm
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Even when I start a new game after a few minutes I have started getting really bad lag/low fps. This happens in the preview as well. I know it is probably expected in the preview but it makes it frustrating that I cant even hardly play on the live branch. :(

Outrageous Dystopia.sav


Steps to Reproduce
Just started a base, basic digging/building and after a few minutes I get horrible lag/low fps around 4.

Status: Closed

This issue has been closed either because it is not a bug or does not belong in the bug tracker.


  Report Bug


User Feedback


....

can you get your hands on a decent cheap gpu, even a $30 one should fix your problem based on client_log your running off your onboard intel chip, its the only fix I've seen applied to your exact setup. *Your pc has the specs to run the game, generally speaking, however onboard gpus are less than reliable.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
2 hours ago, Kabrute said:

can you get your hands on a decent cheap gpu, even a $30 one should fix your problem based on client_log your running off your onboard intel chip, its the only fix I've seen applied to your exact setup. *Your pc has the specs to run the game, generally speaking, however onboard gpus are less than reliable.

Scroll down, he have a GTX 650, dxdiag is stupid in that it sometimes shows the crap integrated chip under display devices. And then put the dedicated graphics card somewhere under System Devices.

 

@Feenixstorm

Is your monitor plugged into the motherboard or into the graphics card?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
3 hours ago, AlexRou said:

Scroll down, he have a GTX 650, dxdiag is stupid in that it sometimes shows the crap integrated chip under display devices. And then put the dedicated graphics card somewhere under System Devices.

 

@Feenixstorm

Is your monitor plugged into the motherboard or into the graphics card?

I dont know what you mean? My monitor is plugged into the back of my computer tower? lol Is there a way I can tell? -Sorry super noob at computer stuff.

@AlexRou Would that make a difference? If so is there a way I can re-wire it?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
2 minutes ago, Feenixstorm said:

I dont know what you mean? My monitor is plugged into the back of my computer tower? lol Is there a way I can tell? -Sorry super noob at computer stuff.

The back of a PC looks like this

Image result for motherboard io

Did you plug your monitor into the vertical panel or the horizontal panel?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
.... .... ....
1 hour ago, AlexRou said:

Then turn off the pc, take out the cable and plug it into the horizontal panel. Never plug your monitor into that vertical panel with all the different holes. After turning on the pc go install/update your drivers as I'm assuming you never did so. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

Do I plug it into the digital video, HDMI or S-video? And thank you btw! I had no idea... lol

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
6 minutes ago, Feenixstorm said:

Do I plug it into the digital video, HDMI or S-video? And thank you btw! I had no idea... lol

Use which ever your monitor uses, btw I dont think i've seen anything that has a svideo output are you confusing it for VGA?

The order of preference: DVI > HDMI > VGA

Image result for gtx 650

White = DVI

Blue = VGA

Black = HDMI

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
.... ....
Just now, Feenixstorm said:

@AlexRou Yeah sorry I was mistaken. My monitor plug will either fit in the DVI or HDMI so which one do I choose?

 

9 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

The order of preference: DVI > HDMI > VGA

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
.... ....

@AlexRou OMG OMG OMG!!!! You are the BEST EVER!!!! I am not even joking right now, my game is now running at 60 FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was running at 7 this whole time!!!!!!!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now