Dupes Sweeping without sweep command / ice Melting not melting properly

Teyko
  • Pending

So i dumped in my Ice Which was around -22.2C into Hot water 60C during that process the water temperature drops to 54C while the Ice only heated up to -21.9C (1 cyle) i then turned on my liquid tepidizer and raised the temperature back up to 60C now heat is being produced. while the temperature of the tepidizer and water and fighting with the coldness of the Ice the ices drops down to -21.5c. Dupes also for some reason decide to sweep Ice even if it was not on a sweep command. this whole process can be observed here 

Ice and Sweeping Bug Auto Sweep without command at 5.30

I hope Someone from the Developers will notice this and manage to fix it for the upcoming release.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Water pool. 2. put a Storage compactor on a manual lock build above your water pool. 3. Set the Storage compactor to Ice and Snow only. 4. Dump the Ice and Snow into your Water. 5. Raise the Temperature of your water. 6. Ice wont melt properly / Dupes will pick it up for some reason without a sweeping command.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

That is 42000kg ice vs 1000kg water. it will take a lot of time. :)

If you set the storage to store items they will sweep it by default.

The sweep command is only to use the "sweep only" storage option.

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, Blas88 said:

That is 42000kg ice vs 1000kg water. it will take a lot of time. :)

If you set the storage to store items they will sweep it by default.

The sweep command is only to use the "sweep only" storage option.

hmm well true, tho as the ice should melt anyway not the 42000Kg at once but the number should get down.

no. Dupes do not sweep items by default. they go idle if there is nothing to do. also they only sweep the ice as you can see. there is sand and other resources on the pool. 

Share this comment

@Teyko The ice wont start melting until reach melting point, and it will all melt at the same time. 

In the video you show the storage for a second and only liquifiable item is set to stored there.

They do sweep if you set a storage to store an item and didnt set the storage to "sweep only" and they can reach that item. (they will get a default sweep order with a priority on the storage)

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Blas88 said:

@Teyko The ice wont start melting until reach melting point, and it will all melt at the same time. 

In the video you show the storage for a second and only liquifiable item is set to stored there.

They do sweep if you set a storage to store an item and didnt set the storage to "sweep only" and they can reach that item. (they will get a default sweep order with a priority on the storage)

i see hmm well then i gotta wait.
yea because i was more curios about the ice. i have other storages in my base. i will make a video soon and see what will happen.

Share this comment