Sign in to follow this  

Dupes are NOT suffocating when entombed in a tile

DuraLex
  • Pending

So I was testing doubtful moral stuff in debug mode and came up with this.

2017-03-06 01_36_25-Oxygen Not Included.png

They are definitely not suffocating, which is the behaviour I actually expected from Moon and Gossman, but obviously not from Dan and Vernon.

I'm going to try again in a regular save as soon as I have some spare time and update the post

Steps to Reproduce
Entomb Dupes' heads in a tile with oxygen freely flowing around them. They will just hang around.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Ok, then please explain why my first and only dupe death was caused exactly by the dupe building herself into a insulated block.. I was considering reporting _that_ as a bug, but I'm fine with having it as an occational building hazard...

Unfortunately the bed time bell rang just when it happened so no one could free her in time. :(

suffocating20170306212332_1.jpg

Share this comment

I've had this happen numerous times and sometimes they will suffocate and sometimes not.

It may have something to do with the amount of oxygen readily available around that dupe.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, crackpot said:

Ok, then please explain why my first and only dupe death was caused exactly by the dupe building herself into a insulated block.. I was considering reporting _that_ as a bug, but I'm fine with having it as an occational building hazard...

Unfortunately the bed time bell rang just when it happened so no one could free her in time. :(

I guess Dupes breath from their feet than. I've never entombed a Dupe's lower body, I even wonder if there's an animation for that

9 hours ago, kindlesmith said:

I've had this happen numerous times and sometimes they will suffocate and sometimes not.

It may have something to do with the amount of oxygen readily available around that dupe.

If they entomb in water or in CO2 they suffocate. Their head still seem to be unaffected. Gonna do some other experiments.

Edited by DuraLex

Share this comment