Doors disapear after getting damaged by rocket

Andreas45
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Immediately after getting hit by rocket thrusters, and becoming "Broken" doors will disappear.

20200316200610_1.jpg

20200316200625_1.jpg

20200316200634_1.jpg

Cheeze.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Launch a rocket, Build doors in it's path before it returns, wait for it to return. I've attached a save file just a few moments before the rocket hits the doors (as shown in the attached screen shots) for convenience.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

You can see from the screenshots that they're steel doors, and the steel appears on top of the doors as they break. Seems like the same thing that happens to bunker doors.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I am experiencing this same issue with bunker doors and a steam rocket or asteroids hitting the bunker door in the corners. It's not breaking the doors or showing any indication of damage. When struck by either a rocket or asteroid; no matter the state (open/closed/changing) if the doors get hit in either side(L/R)/corner it's deleting the door and refunding ~70% material. I am also seeing this happen with automation and power wires running through the doors.

Share this comment

On 3/22/2020 at 1:55 PM, robert89rb said:

I am experiencing this same issue with bunker doors and a steam rocket or asteroids hitting the bunker door in the corners. It's not breaking the doors or showing any indication of damage. When struck by either a rocket or asteroid; no matter the state (open/closed/changing) if the doors get hit in either side(L/R)/corner it's deleting the door and refunding ~70% material. I am also seeing this happen with automation and power wires running through the doors.

And meteors go through the bunker doors if they hit at just the right place! 

Share this comment

On 3/19/2020 at 11:46 PM, Galifrey1965 said:

Pretty sure this was a deliberate change they mentioned in the patch notes?

The change they made was relating to doors melting:

Doors now properly melt or don't melt in various situations

But as you see from the screen shots, the door's are made from steel, and are only at a bit over 300°C.  ...Until they become broken, at which point they're at absolute zero (second screen shot).

Another important detail I've noticed:  If the doors are in the process of opening when they become broken, they won't disappear!  Every other detail remains the same.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:48 PM, SharraShimada said:

I would assume they've melted. Is there steel (either liquid or solid) beneath after they disappear?

25kg of steal appears (Second screen shot) for each door broken, same as before the patch, but nothing further once they disappear (third screenshot).  I must have wasted over a dozen tons of steal replacing missing doors since I first posted this (but I'm definitely close to fixing the automation!  Really!).

Share this comment

On 3/28/2020 at 3:46 AM, Andreas45 said:

The change they made was relating to doors melting:

But as you see from the screen shots, the door's are made from steel, and are only at a bit over 300°C.  ...Until they become broken, at which point they're at absolute zero (second screen shot).

The doors melt when the rocket lands and they are closed (due to rocket engines), they used to just get damaged, now they melt and the Steel drops to the floor, usually hidden under a pile of regolith. Now instead of repairing, you have to rebuild them.

Share this comment

On 4/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, Galifrey1965 said:

The doors melt when the rocket lands and they are closed (due to rocket engines), they used to just get damaged, now they melt and the Steel drops to the floor, usually hidden under a pile of regolith. Now instead of repairing, you have to rebuild them.

No, the door's aren't melting.  Maybe it's not clear from the screen shots, but I'm stepping through the entire process as it happens.  Door's are made from 400kg of metal (steel in my case), and aside from the initial 25kg that drops upon breakage, no further metal falls when the doors disappear, not solid, liquid or otherwise.  In fact, I've lost so much steel from this bug, I've had to resort to save-scumming as I can't produce enough steel to replace them fast enough!  Further more, steel melts at 2426°C, and, again, as you'll see from the screen shots, the door's never go above 350°C.  Of course, if still have doubts, my save files attached at the top there, so your welcome to download it and check for yourself. ;)

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 4/14/2020 at 2:31 AM, Andreas45 said:

No, the door's aren't melting.  Maybe it's not clear from the screen shots, but I'm stepping through the entire process as it happens.  Door's are made from 400kg of metal (steel in my case), and aside from the initial 25kg that drops upon breakage, no further metal falls when the doors disappear, not solid, liquid or otherwise.  In fact, I've lost so much steel from this bug, I've had to resort to save-scumming as I can't produce enough steel to replace them fast enough!  Further more, steel melts at 2426°C, and, again, as you'll see from the screen shots, the door's never go above 350°C.  Of course, if still have doubts, my save files attached at the top there, so your welcome to download it and check for yourself. ;)

I have already downloaded and tested it, the destruction is treated as digging so you get back around 50% of the value of the door, the doors  drop 8 chunks of 100kg. It is the same as when your rockets smash through bunker doors now. The simple answer is make sure they are open. Any destruction not due to melting or phase change has a mass penalty in this game and the last patch changed the doors from being damaged to being destroyed like the rockets used to do if launched from below closed doors or through scenery.

Share this comment

So I went back to double check the save that I uploaded, and it appears you are correct @Galifrey1965.  The doors are in fact dropping 2 100kg chunks each (or 50% of their mass), which really throws me, because I would swear that they were 25kg chunks when I first logged this bug (Perhaps something was sneaked in in one of the march hot-fixes?), so thanks for clearing that up for me.  This is consistent with other blocks that get destroyed by rockets (Except for mesh & air-flow tiles.  They just disappear without dropping anything... :?), but I still just can't believe that such a significant change would be made intentionally without at least some mention of it the patch notes.  Hopefully a dev will swing by before too long and either confirm this as a bug, or just an undocumented change to the mechanic.

Share this comment