Crash when Pincha plants in Tide Pool die.


zophan
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Fixed

I am not 100% sure what is causing the crash. I attempted to narrow down.

Revealing the Tide Pool biome with sandbox tools while paused, but as soon as it's playing, it crashes immediately.

After 40+ retries selectively revealing the map, the one thing that stands out is that Pincha Peppernut plants spawn and immediately poof into leaves. As soon as there's 1-3 plants dying on screen, there's a ~95% chance to Crash as soon as play is resumed. The other 5% of the time it will take up to 10 seconds to crash, even after the Pincha plants are gone. 

 

Edit: After more attempts revealing different parts of the map, I'm fairly certain it's the plants spawning and dying. There's another Tide Pool Biome above and to the left of Printing Pod.

Specifically, if you reveal the Pincha plant that's 34 squares left, 27 squares up from the light of the Printing Pod while paused, The plant is Entombed but expressed as leaves mid-poof. Exposing that also crashes game as soon as game is unpaused almost every time. I had a single weird instance where I resumed play after exposing it and the game was fine for about 7 seconds.

 

Edit2: Started a brand new map on Oceania. Started revealing map with Sandbox tools. As soon as entombed Pincha plant was exposed with game unpaused, game crashed.

Edit3: Another new game on Arborea. Same thing.

Bug Test oceana.sav

PlayerLog3topleftexpose.txt

PlayerLog4Arborea.log


Steps to Reproduce
Walk dupe right no more than 30 squares OR Reveal map with sandbox tools right the right of currently exposed area beyond latrine room. When Tide Pool Biome exposed, some pincha plants will poof and within seconds the game will crash.


User Feedback


A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It seems there is an issue with plants in general. I´ve had serveral crashes 100% related with digging plants. 3 out of 4 times i was not able to dig the plant without a crash. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now