Battery in Game Does Not Act as Real DC Current While Given Red & Black Alligator Clips on Top

Calvin Valerian
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I noticed this problem long time ago and I just remember about this battery problem in the game.

At least some of ONI game copy owners is real electrician or know a little or more about battery.

It is very strange to see how fully charged battery behave when connected to an empty newly built secondary battery.

The only type of electricity used in real life power banks and industrial grade batteries is DC voltage and not AC voltage.

DC voltage is used to charge battery while AC voltage is for industrial / household appliances converted via Transformer (in short Trafo).

General rule of Direct Current is higher voltage always flow to lower voltage.

Unlike in this video footage,

Oxygen Not Included 2019.10.14 - 00.36.46.01.mp4

or briefly in the picture below, which a fully charged battery will not fill an empty battery connected in a circuit.

Which actually in real life it will; if anybody wants to build one.

By looking at the red & black alligator clip above the battery I can tell it uses DC voltage to operate because of its design & color.

5da363ef621f9_DesktopScreenshot2019_10.14-00_38_15_59.thumb.png.2a843ec78bb880799a9e62ef73f982ad.png

CONCLUSION

When:
   battery A has little or FULL juice in it,
   battery B is empty,
   both connected with wires,
      then:
         electricity must flow from battery A to battery B
            if both batteries Joule is equal,
               then stop electricity flow

Voila~ Now understanding made simple!

Steps to Reproduce
irrelevant

User Feedback

@SharraShimada yes dear that is true.

@Everyone Has anybody else aware of this issue with fully charged battery won't fill up an empty battery connected in a circuit? or is it only me and all of you guys just 100% pure gamer?

By "pure gamer" I mean you just play ONI, finds ONI very cute, constructing things here and there, connecting pipes here and there without realizing the Battery model in the game is Direct Current (DC) standard wiring.

5da3ce9c4fec9_DesktopScreenshot2019_10.14-08_25_33_01.thumb.png.624e4452475eb1da0d7a0869e43c6277.png

I can see there has never been a report like this one so I assume most of you guys are pure gamer.

Don't worry, as gamer you may do whatever is best for you.

And as electrician, I do what I got to do.

Edited by Calvin Valerian
include screenshot to find similar post

Share this comment

It's a game, not a real life simulation. ;)

In ONI, the buildings bound to electricity are divided into 3 categories : generators, consumers, and storage.

If a battery would try to fill another battery, this means that all not fully loaded batteries will become consumers ... And it would be awfull to managed in the code of the game. :-/

It works great this way. No need to add complex real life mechanics, here. ;) 

Share this comment

@Gwido I understand your point. But as electrician myself when I see there's a battery + black & red alligator clips clipped on the battery, and found out that it isn't actually behave as DC current, I'm blown.

I could've ignored this minor problem and play ONI as usual but, after some time this thought of not reporting what should've been reported came back again and again.

Two batteries, one is FULLY CHARGED and the other one is EMPTY; if I see them WIRED TOGETHER but the output isn't:

FULLY CHARGED WILL >> TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY TO >> LOWER VOLTAGE

This is complete error because that's really the basic standard of how battery just meant to work since it was discovered.

And because of how batteries were designed in the game, every time I've just fully recharged several batteries, then build several more, my duplicants will run back again to Manual Generators to pump again from 0%. While the previous batteries remains 100%

5da46e46c050b_DesktopScreenshot2019_10.14-19_37_56_07.thumb.png.7da3116d0199428f8c808c076223c8fa.png

Oxygen Not Included 2019.10.14 - 19.38.06.01.mp4

Edited by Calvin Valerian

Share this comment

Electrician myself... Yes i see your "problem", but it does not bother me at all. Its a game mechanic. I just dont mind, the empty battery y is not charged by full battery X. Its just like a row of buckets, with a pipe overhead, and when the battery is full, it stops dripping. I´m fine with this, because it works.

Share this comment

Well, I as a electronics engineer see no problem whatsoever with this. You wouldn't want to have cross-flow in real life either and put diodes in there.

Share this comment