Sign in to follow this  

Automatic Dispenser storage priority is bugged

wachunga
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Automatic dispenser does not always respect storage priority. In some circumstances, an automatic dispenser with a priority of 1 will generate errands to pull resources from a storage bin with a priority of 5. When the bin and the dispenser have identical resources selected, the dispenser behaves properly. When the bin and dispenser have different resources (bin having more resources than dispenser or vice versa) the lower priority dispenser will pull resources from the higher priority bin.

image.thumb.png.464b1a125c6bead63b2f5a644d30e9d0.png

Both situations are identical except the bin on the right has an extra resource selected. The dupe (or sweeper arm) on the right continuously moves dirt from the bin to the dispenser and then from the floor back to the bin.

AutoDispenserBug.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load save.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

• Like 5
  Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

image.thumb.png.fff981e97994de523bf5ff6487ba6ee6.png

I think I have the same. I have a setup in which I had hoped to circumvent having to manually issue sweep orders everywhere. The top dispensers accept always at prio 4, while bottom ones are sweep only. The access to them is mutually exclusive, to prevent endless walking around, pinking the item up and putting it back in the dispenser. That works fine.

However, the moment an outside bin is involved things mess up. The red arrow indicates a resupply to a high prio storage bin, which is great! But for some reason the dupes that have acces to the low prio dispenser, take items out of the high prio storage bin to drop it back in the central storage area.

Share this comment

On 11.08.2019 at 11:43 PM, Xcone said:

However, the moment an outside bin is involved things mess up. The red arrow indicates a resupply to a high prio storage bin, which is great! But for some reason the dupes that have acces to the low prio dispenser, take items out of the high prio storage bin to drop it back in the central storage area

Potential workaround: 1. Place a low priority smart compactor that blocks door to storage-hole when half-full. 2. Another high priority one to block dispenser when compactor half-empty.

This way dispenser won't empty storages, unless they are full, and dupes won't top storages off.

Edited by AndreyKl

Share this comment