All mods unavailable

Deltic
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

In the DLC mode,I found that all my mods downloaded are unable to use.If I start a mod,the game would crash after the show up of Kiel sign.

I  uninstalled the mods and the games than install them,but the game still crash.Those bug report came back with no changes.

The bug reports are very similar despite I tried many mods one at a time. So I think this problem may related to the game itself or my computer,not the mod I used.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Enter the game

2.Active a mod, anyone 

3.The next time you start the game,it crash after the Kiel sign

User Feedback

I have the same problem, nothing helps, neither reinstalling the game nor the mods. I don't know what to do, this problem has been around for quite a long time. Interestingly, on another computer with the same Steam account, all mods work, but I don't know what's breaking the game on that computer.

Share this comment

Looking at your Player.log the game is unable to access the mod files either due to antivirus/security software or incorrect file permissions. Start by checking to see if Controlled Folder Access is blocking the game.

[07:54:15.832] [1] [INFO] UnauthorizedAccessException during IO on  C:/Users/delti/Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded/mods/Steam/1845579729 , squelching. Stack trace was:
 Access to the path "C:/Users/delti/Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded/mods/Steam/1845579729\WallPumps.dll" is denied. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Start by checking to see if Controlled Folder Access is blocking the game.

Thank you for helping me. I followed this guideline and found the ransomware protection on my computer is NOT on. I tried again and the problem is not solved yet.

Here is the latest bug log. I read it and found it says"Illegal byte sequence encounted in the input." Is there something stored under a full English path required ? 

Bug_log_b.txt

Share this comment

8 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

If a mod doesn't want to update and steam isn't cooperating, you could use "mod updater" mod

No go.

I added the mod"mod updater" and started the game ,find that all mods uninstalled and re-installed automatically(is it because I connected to steam community?)I actived mod updater and restarted the game as instructed.Than the game crashed during the restart as usual,with the bug_log_c.

I also tried another mod"Better Logic Overlay"once again,game crashed with bug_log_d

I almost feeling desperate by now

Bug_log_c.txt Bug_log_d.txt

Edited by Deltic
add some detail

Share this comment

There is also "stock bug fix" mod that fixes a race condition on load occasionally disables and immediately re-enables all other mods but the game shouldn't crash if only the "mod updater" mod is enabled (unless it is the testing branch and not the live branch).

My suggestion was to enable "mod updater" and if any mods were not updated, to force update them. If even the mod updater crashes... then sorry... I don't know :-?

Share this comment

Well, I made some effort again. I was using the mod"pliers" in vanilla before added this DLC and gave it the hotkey "Q". This mod disabled later. So I guess if this remained hotkey break the game.

I reset all the hotkeys and find a mod to have another try. The mod still failed to run, but the bug log looks different this time. It says "Patching exception in method virtual System." 

I do have experience of encounter with virtual system, which was a simulator that can makes me play mobile games on my laptop. The period of using that is also close to when this mod problem happened. This simulator was deleted already and I believe that the Hyper V is not active. So is the game related to virtual system? Could there be something remains or mistaken changed configuration?

Bug log e.txt

Share this comment