Sign in to follow this  

Algae Stops working

Ulysses_G
  • Pending

Algae stops working

Well the name gives a brief description, around cycle 30 when using algae in any machine, it simply doesn't work, for example using algae in the algae deoxydizer, a duplicant will deliver the algae and it will immediately consume all the algae that was put into it. This becomes a problem for obvious reasons, one you can't produce oxygen (without using the higher tier oxygen generator). this has occurred on 2 previous games, as well as my current game.

After leaving the game and coming back, the issue seems to stop. however it is still happening in the first place and may need looking into.

Steps to Reproduce
While this may not be proven, and could simply be my error, i have seen that it happens around cycle 30. This could also be linked to session play time, current session is 2 hours playing when the bug occurred.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

I'd like to add that I've also experienced this. Had the game running along time (i.e. not exiting, just "sleeping" laptop); I can mine tonnes of slime and convert it to algae, then 1000kg of algae is delivered to the deoxydizer but it still says insufficient resource (10kg algae).

• Like 1

Share this comment

17 minutes ago, TheRealSparky said:

I'd like to add that I've also experienced this. Had the game running along time (i.e. not exiting, just "sleeping" laptop); I can mine tonnes of slime and convert it to algae, then 1000kg of algae is delivered to the deoxydizer but it still says insufficient resource (10kg algae).

This is the problem. when the bio distiller creates algae from slime, the algae it creates isn't working like it should, after mining regular algae it works fine, but any algae from the bio distiller just does't work.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Ulysses_G said:

This is the problem. when the bio distiller creates algae from slime, the algae it creates isn't working like it should, after mining regular algae it works fine, but any algae from the bio distiller just does't work.

I can confirm this bug. I've used algae lots before without problems. This game i went slime crazy and double Bio Distillers, and the algae produced is not usable, they just keep trying to insert into the oxygen generators over and over.... RIP

• Like 1

Share this comment

Okay to clear this up, after some more playing i noticed this is in fact not a bug, the duplicants pick up 1000g of algae, which is 1kg of it, hence why it uses it almost instantly. 

Share this comment

Kind of makes the distillers pointless. I don't believe this is intended. 

Edited by indiecpp

Share this comment

I am also suffering from this My Duplicants couldn't sleep in the room :( 

Algae Deoxydizer keeps eating my Algae like a black hole.

It stopped working around cycle 30Untitled.png

Share this comment