Sign in to follow this  

Air moves through the pipes chaoticly

akrabat14
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Air (oxygen) teleportates in the pipe to random places

bandicam 2019-02-21 15-38-52-917.mp4 - min speed
bandicam 2019-02-21 01-43-11-347 (online-video-cutter.com) (1).mp4 - max speed
bandicam 2019-02-21 15-53-35-681.mp4 - video where duplicates and water / gas pipes are removed (min speed)

in debug mode, deleted all gas and water pipes, also deleted all dupes, the situation with gas teleportation in pipes remained the same at any speed of the game, although the performance of the game at that time was quite high

Steps to Reproduce
No idea
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Dont take this for granted, because the video is too short to be 100% certain.

But i think, its because of the game speed. You run a 3x speed, and it stutters. (As you can see when the dupe flows down the transport tube).

If you make some changes to your pipe-network too, it gets even worse, because every time the whole network is re-calculated. (it wont have to be THAT pipe, but any pipe anywhere in the world, because the network is considered one complex thing in the engine).

And if the engine stutters, you expierence "teleporting" things, in pipes, and also in the world itself. 

The Question is, whats causing the stutter. Is your PC not strong enough? Do you run too much programs in background? Do you stream it (youtube, twitch...)? 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Dont take this for granted, because the video is too short to be 100% certain.

But i think, its because of the game speed. You run a 3x speed, and it stutters. (As you can see when the dupe flows down the transport tube).

If you make some changes to your pipe-network too, it gets even worse, because every time the whole network is re-calculated. (it wont have to be THAT pipe, but any pipe anywhere in the world, because the network is considered one complex thing in the engine).

And if the engine stutters, you expierence "teleporting" things, in pipes, and also in the world itself. 

The Question is, whats causing the stutter. Is your PC not strong enough? Do you run too much programs in background? Do you stream it (youtube, twitch...)? 

this happens even at the minimum speed of the game, there are no background programs running, t
here are no such problems with other pipes and there have never been. I deleted this pipe and built it again,
 but the problem did not go anywhere, restarting the game 
did not help either, it’s definitely not a problem with my computer. I dropped a save to my friend and he had the same problem, the problem is 
somewhere in the code of the game, but I see it for the first time in 400 hours of play, so I don’t even have a minimal idea how this could happen

video at minimum speed

bandicam 2019-02-21 15-38-52-917.mpbandicam 2019-02-21 15-38-52-917.mp4  

video where duplicates and water / gas pipes are removed (min speed)
bandicam 2019-02-21 15-53-35-681.mp4

bandicam 2019-02-21 15-53-35-681.mp4bandicam 2019-02-21 15-53-35-681.mp4

bandicam 2019-02-21 15-53-35-681.mp4

Edited by akrabat14

Share this comment

I´m sorry, but it really seems something is causing heavy stutter in this game. I would suggest you upload the savegame here, so Klei can take a look at it. Maybe there is something wrong with the save.

Does this happen only in this save, or is this a general problem in your game?

Whats your PC-Specs? CPU, RAM, Operating System?

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

I´m sorry, but it really seems something is causing heavy stutter in this game. I would suggest you upload the savegame here, so Klei can take a look at it. Maybe there is something wrong with the save.

Does this happen only in this save, or is this a general problem in your game?

Whats your PC-Specs? CPU, RAM, Operating System?

16GB ram, amd phenom x6 1105t, nvidia geforce 1070. the game is installed on the ssd 
While I was recording it there was 40 FPS, what kind of lags are you talking about?

Edited by akrabat14

Share this comment