Wont Open

Pyxel
  • Closed

The game will not open. It's as simple as that. When I click on the icon on my desktop the screen lags for a second and then a menu pops up saying that the game has crashed and where the crash info. is saved. However, I heard, what I can only assume is the start-up menu music. I have the required software according to the store page, so I know that cannot be the problem. I just bought the alpha copy for 20 bucks please don't tell me it's just broken... :( I tried several times just in case this was just an unlucky circumstance and each time the game crashed. However, if I waited long enough, my screen would flash white, then turn black, and I'd have to turn to my trusty task manager to close the program.

Steps to Reproduce
I opened the game.

User Feedback

16 minutes ago, Tnamrod said:

Make sure you have a strong enough PC to handle and also try to reinstall the game that helps. 

Tried re-installing. And according to the requirements on the store page I should be fine.. thx tho

Share this comment

Well, I tried opening the game through steam library instead of the desktop icon. I tried reinstalling the game. Also, I checked, double-checked, and triple-checked my computer requirements. Idk what else to do.

Share this comment

Cheerio posted a thing about how to manually install C++ 2015 runtime try that, if not look through other posts that show how "Can not open game" and there might be other solutions. Also are you using Win10?

Share this comment

IDK but some of my friends say that Windows 7 sometimes doesn't download/install the game runtimes correctly mostly for Alpha's and Early access games but they say it's just a possibility 

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Tnamrod said:

IDK but some of my friends say that Windows 7 sometimes doesn't download/install the game runtimes correctly mostly for Alpha's and Early access games but they say it's just a possibility 

So what you're saying is maybe once its out of alpha it will function correctly unless I (or the devs) fix it somehow. Either way, I just have to wait longer to play the game. However, it's starting to look like I basically just pre-ordered the full game. (I bought it but I can't play it yet :?)

Edited by Pyxel

Share this comment

Yea but the game is immensely fun and they can only add more content and fix current bugs I hope you can fix it or they release a fix for this for the many people that have this problem. But the game is coming out "Early 2017" so it might be out of beta by March or April and I'd say they would have just about every startup issue bug (Not being able to enter game properly) fixed by then or they might fix it before the end of the month

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hopefully so! It looks SOO fun. I can't even wait (of course, though, I'll have to). For now, I GUESS I have to settle for watching the videos that are on youtube. :wilson_enraged::wilson_laugh:

Share this comment

Yea it sucks I had to go get a quick job when I heard of the game to get it I had to settle watching streamers and helping them with some things I didn't understand the game that much and I was hoping I was helping :p

Share this comment

Thanks for posting all your info Pyxel. It looks like your graphics card, the GT240, is a DX10.1 card but game is currently DirectX 11 only. You might have some success in starting the game if you update your graphics drivers but I'm not sure.

Share this comment