Germs multiply with falling water.

Xadhoom
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

i had a small area with falling water like show in picture.

this caused germs to increase at an extreme rate. its like the germs from the falling water was added to the lower, without being removed from the layer above, i ended up with like 500 million germs in the water, from some 400k germs at start. also, i did notice a heavy performance hit on my game as this occurred, the hit to game performance persisted after i fixed the waterfall.

this seems to tie in with problem i seen a lot before, where carbon dioxide is not displaced by heavier water. sometimes i even had a constant flow of water on tiles, interrupted by carbon dioxide which has lead to flooding. (this last was observed in AU, not seen yet in OU)

ONI_germbug.png

Steps to Reproduce
as in picture, germified water, 2 blocks high that tries to fall down on CO2 which refuses to be displaced.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

I had the same issue. The falling water was on purpose...

The polluted water is distilled so germs won't grow and heated so germs will die faster.

I was trying to allow the water with less germs to overflow but... as it start to fall it started to multiplies very very fast... 

between screenshot 2 and 3 there is only like 3 seconds of game at regular speed.

So i put my save, maybe it will help...

In the mean time I suppose my idea won't work :D...

I hope you will find why !

(ps: English isn't my birth tongue, I hope it's clear)

GermsMultiplicator-1.thumb.jpg.1170c68c459833dc626777b62b760c05.jpg

GermsMultiplicator-2.thumb.jpg.8d520e19d58429b3e19d59de26ba51f3.jpgGermsMultiplicator-3.thumb.jpg.9ff74380437d8d3503896e135fb72675.jpg

The Radioactive Base Germs bug.sav

Share this comment

I don't think that it multiplies, you are just filling more water with germs into that one block. So it just simply adds it into that block's current germ quantity. I mean you have 10600 germs in 10Kg water + 2371 germs/ 3300g water ~=14600germs in 15.4Kg water. 

Share this comment

Yep but the water just under tells 3091 germs for 999.9 Kg water, I didn't showed the right frame...

2371 germs for 3,3 kg water is wrong, regarding the global germs level in all that tank... 

GermsMultiplicator-4.thumb.jpg.bdc4e471d6e07e9c361e857ccf41454d.jpg

Edited by Zow
I'm playing the oil upgrade preview - forget to say

Share this comment

Same issue.

I disconnected any germs entry in my save game, and you will see that germs continue to multiply crazy fast in clean water. In this case, this will just work for a few minutes since the water fall will cease, but the numbers are crazy...

59da3cf0ae534_germT0.thumb.PNG.8881bf347328aae57c8d841fc0a33d6f.PNG59da3cf5c363f_germT1.thumb.PNG.b68f48456a7b4ea2d7861f0f5d1e638d.PNG

GERM BUG.sav

Share this comment

I have a similar issue where cleaned water out of a filter has been inflected and the germ count is ever increasing. It is dropping into a pit and bouncing off some airflow blocks. The amount of germ inside the pit now are going into the 100's of millions. The holding tanks had chlorine in it, but it hasn't seem to stop the germs. 

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

water filter doesn't remove germs.... water filter does not kill germs

Yes, I understand that is the case (I assume you where replying to me?). It was more that the water has ever increasing amounts of germs within it, while the germs in a similar water in pit next door are not changing to the same degree. The only different between the two pits is one has falling water. The water in the mega-germ pit is not currently used and locked away (for fear of outbreak :P)

Share this comment

so how are you putting water into the pit with no falling water, and where is it coming from.  If you keep adding germ water to water the germs keep growing in quantity until they hit their die off rate.  Click the block of water, click germs on this screen you will see image.thumb.png.2f143f69348ec961e3a01d16068dcdf5.png

This will show you how many germs can reasonably survive in that environment.

Secondly make sure that your distiller is not down there where your germy water is as it puts out a pdirt block with a LOT of germs in it

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Kabrute said:

so how are you putting water into the pit with no falling water, and where is it coming from.  If you keep adding germ water to water the germs keep growing in quantity until they hit their die off rate.  Click the block of water, click germs on this screen you will see

This will show you how many germs can reasonably survive in that environment.

Secondly make sure that your distiller is not down there where your germy water is as it puts out a pdirt block with a LOT of germs in it

20180116190710_1.thumb.jpg.8e11447d992a0e7f6a0cfe6431bdc398.jpg

The dirty water pit is an old run-off from the toilets, only filled with the taps (~3.3mil germs per tile). The clean water pit is run-off from the water sieve, directly above the pit. Its water is coming from the showers and toilets. The germs started at the same level as the dirty water, around 3.3mil, but grow hugely after each drip. I hope the screenshot can help explain it. Currently at ~52mil germs per water block.

Share this comment

You figure that percentage dead per Cycle and compare that with however many showers et all your dupes are taking and those germs will make sense.  each trip to the bathroom dumps a good quartermillion germs into the toilet alone...plus sink and shower, it starts adding up

Share this comment