Algae Restrictions

HotAveryxoxo
  • Branch: Preview Branch Pending

It seems as though everytime that I attempt to prolong the game cycles, The oxygen deoxidizers and algae terrariums are in need of algae.  It would be cool if there were some alternative ways to produce oxygen.  Great Job! 

Steps to Reproduce
I was attempting to sustain the gameplay several times, but ran out of algae (accessible algae) more than once. Other ways to produce oxygen should be a solution.

User Feedback

4 hours ago, Risu said:

polluted water

Wait I didnt know this.

Might I ask for more details? Like how many g/s, and what does the production scale with?

Edited by DuraLex

Share this comment

2 hours ago, DuraLex said:

Wait I didnt know this.

Might I ask for more details? Like how many g/s, and what does the production scale with?

0.1% of any polluted water tile touching an oxygen tile can convert to polluted oxygen randomly.

• Like 1

Share this comment

18 hours ago, Risu said:

0.1% of any polluted water tile touching an oxygen tile can convert to polluted oxygen randomly.

That's no help at all.  The polluted water would make the dupes sick.  It's not worth it if you want to prolong gameplay.

Share this comment

20 hours ago, HotAveryxoxo said:

That's no help at all.  The polluted water would make the dupes sick.  It's not worth it if you want to prolong gameplay.

Since water is renewable thanks to geysers, the oxygen source of choice is an electrolyzer. It can be made fairly cheap if you leave it free standing and just build a hydrogen collection space above it and send that hydrogen to hydrogen generator time to time.

The other are various kinds of getting polluted oxygen which can be turned to clean oxygen through liquefication. Your dupes can still breathe pure oxygen and be perfectly healthy.

Share this comment