Game Crash on Smith Final Boss

CrimsonDream
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Playstation Fixed

The game crashes 100% of the time on the second turn of Smith's final boss making it impossible to complete his campaign.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Begin the battle with Smith's final boss.

2. Wait until the second action of the boss.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can confirm on ps4. Have seen this issue mentioned by users on reddit as well. Would love a fix. I'm really into this game, and the one character I cant progress is, of course, my favorite one.

Edited by SacronTyphoonus
Punctuation

Share this comment

Happened to me as well on PS5. Always is the turn he applies his first debuff on the player character during his attack animation.

Share this comment

Same problem here. Been watching this (and the reddit thread) for over a week now. Would be cool to hear when there's a fix coming. It's a bug that makes the game unfinishable, which seems like a big deal. So, like, what up?

Share this comment

Same issues. PS4 edition (playing on PS5). Vixmalli is bugged for Smith.

If you choose to fight Vixmalli rather than Negotiate - he will permanently stay on 1 HP. Tested another 15 turns beyond 1hp. (Top image captured a few turns in to show Smith dealing damage but party members still have damage to do - there is a "no enemy panic for +1action" in affect).

If you Negotiate and end up fighting mutant Vix (whether you leave him to his faith or follow in), his first action is to always add two mutated Lumicyte and his second is status attack - giving temporary power down and adding noxious bile. The game will always crash on the application of status during this attack (bottom image is moment of crash)

20210620_085251.jpg

Share this comment

We are sorry for the inconvenience with this issue, we have just rolled out Update 1.02 for PlayStation 4 which includes the fix for this particular crash/hang, as well as a few others. More information about the update can be found here:  

• Thanks 1

Share this comment