XB1 DS Shipwrecked Crashing to Home Screen

Karok
  • Version: Console Pending

Hi...is there a known Don't Starve Shipwrecked XBox One bug regarding the game randomly crashing?  I will be playing just fine, then the game crashes (screen freezes with a blurb of studdering noise for 5 - 10 seconds) and it then dumps me out to the Xbox home screen.  I have to restart the game from its load screen and it will take me back to wherever the last save happened.  This is happening pretty frequently...one to two times an hour.

I've uninstalled Don't Starve entirely, rebooted the Xbox, then reinstalled the entire game (DS-GE + Shipwrecked) - but this does not resolve the issue.  Great game, just frustrating to have to keep exiting out and restarting the whole thing - not to mention loosing time going back to whatever the last save point was.

Thx,

KarokAlleon

Steps to Reproduce
This seems to be very random, not related to any specific activity in game. It may be timed with the game doing a save? Also, I have the game installed on an external USB drive (it is not running from the Xbox HD).

User Feedback

Addendum to this issue: 

- Game was installed on external HD, not XB1 internal drive.  Game has been uninstalled and reinstalled here.  Have over a dozen other games installed on this same external drive which all load/run fine.

- Moved install of DS-GE/Shipwrecked from external drive to internal drive.  Same problem continues to occur.

Share this comment

Bumping this thread.  The problem is still occurring, and it is very frustrating to play this great game.  It crashes on average 3-4 times per hour.  It does seem to happen more frequently when a new world is started - the longer I progress in a world, the less frequently the lock-up occurs.

I have again completely uninstalled all of Don't Starve (both Reign of Giants, as well as Shipwrecked), rebooted my Xbox One, and then reinstalled.  Although I'm using an external hard drive for more capacity, I am now only installing Don't Starve on the XB1 itself.

Please help!  I am perplexed as to why I seem to be alone with this problem of seeming random lock-ups.  I'm open to try anything to resolve the issue.

Share this comment

This happened to me in a game started in SW. I would crash randomly. That seemed to go away. Then on day 199 I decided to go back to the volcano to collect the pants there to transplant and as soon as the loading screen apparently finished I got dumped to the Home screen. Now if I try to load this save, which is listed as day 199 volcano it begins to load, appears to get to the end of the loading screen and then I'm dumped to Home again. I have kept the save in the hopes that this will be resolved on an update, but I just updated the game last night and tried to load it again... still getting dumped. no error screen or anything.

I am a part of the xbox program that gives me early releases on changes that they are about to push live for feedback on how they are received (iirc the xbox preveiw is what it's called), which sometimes includes bugs so I don't know if this is a factor. I have an external 4TB drive but all parts of don't starve are installed on the internal one.

Share this comment

Hey I am having this exact same issue. I finally got good enough at the game to explore and find almost everything, and I was trying to go back to the volcano to get more materials on day 142, and my game crashed. When I restarted it, it said my save was on day 133, and whenever I attempt to load it it just cashes and kicks me to the home screen. It's extremely frustrating and I would love to have it resolved. It's the xbox one console edition and it's installed on my internal hard drive.

Share this comment

Has anyone received a solution to this. Been playing for months no problem but suddenly the game started crashing and booting me out. Now I can't play at all...has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling? TIA

Share this comment

I can't even get into the game most of the time. I load up don't starve on Xbox one and half the time it doesn't even make it to the title screen and closes out and puts me on the home screen. Other times I try to load my world and it closes out and takes me to the home screen. Don't starve together on the other hand, works perfectly fine so far, might have closed out once or twice.

Share this comment