Volcano bug

Natestarve77
  • Version: Console Pending

When I was entering volcano game would freeze during loading screen and either crash or boot me back out of volcano, then when I got in , I cannot get out, whenever I go to leave game crashes and I get a ps4 error message. I am currently stuck inside volcano now.

Steps to Reproduce
Went into volcano, froze over and over, started new game. Went again, then tried leaving volcano, game crashes everytime I try to leave.

User Feedback

So I just made a new world for the third time got really far and all that and then tried going into the volcano, I got in just fine farmed up a bunch of the obsidian and dragoon hearts and then every time I try to leave after the auto save when it's loading it freezes And gives the PS4 error which crashes the game.

Share this comment

This issue also happened to me. On exiting the volcano, the game hard crashed 

I experienced the same corrupted file error message that a user described in this thread: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/69546-ps4-game-breaking-bug-attempt-2/

The last update of the game I have installed was on 8/4 v1.06

For me, trying to access any of my game saves after relaunching the game post-crash gave me the corrupted file message. Getting through the error dialog to remove the corrupted data ended up deleting all of my save data. Not just the current game saves I had going, but everything I'd ever unlocked as well. 

I basically had to start everything over from scratch to unlock characters and re-beat Adventure Mode---I've avoided going back into the volcano for now to prevent running into the issue again. Unfortunately I did not capture any images of the error message from before

The save that I crashed on was starting on SW, set to be compatible with RoG, but I had not yet travelled to a RoG world

Share this comment

This is getting ridiculous, what's the point of even having this bug tracker when the secs aren't doing anything with it?

Share this comment

Hi @Natestarve77, sorry we didn't respond to this issue right away. We're still trying to hunt down this problem. Would it be possible for you to send us your save files to test? The process looks like this:

1) Make sure you're logged into PSN

2) Plug a USB memory stick into your PS4.

3) Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device > Don't Starve: Console Edition, and then choose Copy.

4) After that finishes, plug the USB stick into your computer. There will be a PS4 folder on it. Copy that to your computer.

5) Zip up the PS4 folder from your computer. (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder. Mac: Righ-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "PS4")

6) Upload the zip here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/0u0E5fqzOVDzvxiNY3Ea

I know it's a bit of a pain but it would really help us out! Thanks!

Share this comment

On September 1, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi @Natestarve77, sorry we didn't respond to this issue right away. We're still trying to hunt down this problem. Would it be possible for you to send us your save files to test? The process looks like this:

1) Make sure you're logged into PSN

2) Plug a USB memory stick into your PS4.

3) Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device > Don't Starve: Console Edition, and then choose Copy.

4) After that finishes, plug the USB stick into your computer. There will be a PS4 folder on it. Copy that to your computer.

5) Zip up the PS4 folder from your computer. (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder. Mac: Righ-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "PS4")

6) Upload the zip here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/0u0E5fqzOVDzvxiNY3Ea

I know it's a bit of a pain but it would really help us out! Thanks!

My save file just messed up. At the volcano.

it's stuck on loading screen. All I see is black loadin screen, but my controller shakes and then I see the red  things of insanity, also see lucy's dialogue...

I'm on day 97... Was about to fight the quacken for the first time and then switch to reign of giants... Really bummed out. Can you fix it?

Share this comment

I'd just like to pitch in and say that this also just happened to me. It has been over two years since this bug became apparent and I really hoped it gets fixed sometime soon. I really enjoyed playing on the file that I lost.

Share this comment

It is 30 Aug 2019 and the bug is still not fixed. I just lost one of my best files. Entered the volcano after a eruption, the game froze and forced quit. Since then, everytime I try to open the world the game is forced quit. I play ios on my ipad. Please fixe this bug please.

Share this comment