volcano biome didn't save my base/map/anything - WTF

crtn
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

So I decided to make a base in the volcano for the summer. I pre-made fridge, thermal stone, crock pot etc etc and climbed in the volcano for the 1st day of dry season.

When I made my little base, I realised I forgot to take a silk with me to make a bird-traps. I came back to the nearest island for the resources, and when I came back to volcano... there was no map explored. What's more it seems the new world just got generated, cause the altar of snackrifice was in different spot than before. so my whole plan went down. Well, I'm done with don't starve for now.

I mean, why doesn't it work? You can make base in ruins/caves and volcano doesn't save things you do? Now I lost tons of resources to build the structures in volcano-base and I'm pretty much done, cause I left all my food in volcano-fridge which didn't get save. And the meteors just started to fall outside. 

Steps to Reproduce
I re-entered the volcano, and there was a new world without all my structures/chests.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi, today's update should have fixed this issue. If it's still happening to you, would you mind letting us know? If it happens again, could you also upload your log file for us?

(When you post, click on "Choose files..." and select Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt)

Thanks!

Share this comment