Used Trawl Net doesn't disappear sometimes

Rinta
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

(not sure if this happens only in Beta, or in main branch too)

Normally when Trawl Net is used up and dropped into the sea - it disappears after a while, and if items were still in it - they will float on water.

However sometimes Trawl Net doesn't disappear (even the empty one) and many days later I return to same area and it is still there.

I believe it should always disappear.

Maybe it happens when Trawl Net is manually dropped before it's full, not sure about that.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Use Trawl Net on boat 2. Drop Trawl Net 3. In 20 days come to the same spot - Trawl Net is still there
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I wasn't able to reproduce this one. If you have a save file with a net still there after 20 day or such, that might help me track down the problem.

Share this comment

If it helps I have seen similar trawl nets floating for eternity. I did add the combined status mod after the first 2 in game years so I can't say this save file is vanilla. But I have seen this bug since the original shipwrecked release and in my new world for the beta.  It should be day 267 if I uploaded the correct world.

Location. If you locate the Yaarctopus there should be a sea yard in deep ocean near by (maybe 2 screens away). There should be a trawl net that has been there for a year and some more scattered around the ocean. Unless you just use the gonext command in which case :) .

Most of my trawl nets do sink but a couple of them hang around.

shipwrecked_3

Share this comment

Hmm. The broken nets don't have some save data they should have but I don't know how they are not getting it yet. I put in a failsafe that if they load and don't have the data they need, they will sink.  Because I'm not sure why they are losing the save data, it might happen before they are actually supposed to sink. But since they only have a lifespan of about a minute long  I don't think it will be a serious problem if that does happen (and I was never able to repro the problem myself, so it's not going to happen all the time anyway)

Share this comment