Trees can be planted using a trick

Amberboss
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

Mods used:

Action Queue Plus, Combine Status, Display Food Values, Geometric Placement, Health Info, Minimap HUD, Volcano eruption prediction

Game Version:

189297 WIN32_STEAM

Issue:

Using this bug (or should I call it trick), trees can be planted anywhere on any turfs.

drop the coconut/birchnut/pine cone (or anything can grow into a tree) on the ground, ignite them and use ice flingmatic to extinguish the fire, then save the game and reload. Trees will be planted.

This allows coconut trees to be planted inside the volcano (which is not possible without this trick). They can grow bigger as normal. This also allows to plant birchnut/coconut/evergreen trees on sea(see attached graph).

For me, I would suggest not to fix this bug since I can plant coconut trees in my volcano base.

Thus, PLZ DO LET THIS TRICK STAY FOREVER.

Thank you, Klei coders. I love this game so much

9-1 drop coconut.png

9-2 ignite.png

9-3 extinguish fire.png

9-4 save and quit.png

9-5 planted trees.png

9-6 trees on sea.png

Steps to Reproduce
1. Start with a SW world 2. find volcano and prototype ice flingomatic 3. get a coconut 4. ignite the coconut dropped on the ground 5. extinguish fire with ice flingomatic 6. save the game and quit, reload the game 7. coconut trees are planted

User Feedback

If you don't want the bug to be patched, why even post it? There would just be a higher chance of it being removed. That being said I don't want this removed either, since it's one of the last interesting things SW has left. This bug has existed since the early days of ROG, and has been reported countless times. For everyone's sake, I hope Klei/Capy continue to ignore this bug.

Share this comment

On 9/2/2016 at 9:34 AM, KCDA said:

If you don't want the bug to be patched, why even post it? There would just be a higher chance of it being removed. That being said I don't want this removed either, since it's one of the last interesting things SW has left. This bug has existed since the early days of ROG, and has been reported countless times. For everyone's sake, I hope Klei/Capy continue to ignore this bug.

Thank you for letting me know. I just played this game for 2 months and didn't read the previous posts.

Hope they keep ignoring it.

I don't think this is interesting at all.. just a trick... I am only interested in inventing all kinds of automated farming systems...

Share this comment

We were just going to leave this one, so I closed it. But then I thought it might have been indirectly fixed with the backpack fix that was made. But that didn't affect this bug.. so no change. I closed it again.

Share this comment