SW -> DS merging - messed seasons after escaping via teleportato

m1dyyy
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

That's a bit long story but I'll be as precise as possible.

To be precise I used a Combined status mod but let me explain all of it because I've also stumbled upon this kind of bug with messed season couple months ago but with no mods whatsoever.

But first things first:

I've created a DS default world couple months ago as Wilson - the day was ~90, before 2nd winter. I've made a teleportato but haven't used it yet to escape.

I've created today a SW world (with Combined Status mod enabled) and played as Wendy but I've changed all seasons to very short. Luckily I've managed to reach 3rd season (monsoon) and found out Seaworthy boat. Before I've merged my SW world with previously described DS default world I had built campfire (not placed). So... I've used seaworthy boat to merge this SW and aforementioned DS world. So... I am now in my DS world as Wendy. I went to teleportato, activated it but I refused to escape. Then when I wanted to previously built campfire near teleportato game crashed. Oh well, so I've disabled this mod.

Next I've loaded this save again and also wanted to build campfire but... I can see only animation that Wendy is building but after that nothing happens.

So I've used teleportato to regenerate world and chose Wickerbottom. What amazed me my DS regenerated world took me straight into SUMMER season. Is this because I was in 3rd season in SW (monsoon) and it switched me after regeneration to 3rd season in DS (summer, assuming that 1st is autumn). Why game by default enabled RoG during world regen when I was playin' DS only? Is it because seaworthy boat can be placed only in DSRoG map?

When requested I can provide my savegame.

I've attached screenshot from my newly regenerated world 2.20160904145615_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
1. Make default DS world, build teleportato, save game. 2. Make SW world, change all seasons to very short, pre-build campfire, then find seaworthy boat, merge with aforementioned DS world. 3. Use teleportato to regen world. Newly regen world should push you back straight into summer season.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If possible I would like to cancel world messing problem - read about in in wiki, sorry.

Anyway, my current save still have this cannot-place-campfire problem.

Share this comment

Hi @m1dyyy, after the next update the seasons should be correct when travelling between worlds.

As far as the campfire placer issue, would you mind creating a new bug to report that so that we can track it separately? Thanks! :)

Share this comment

Will do, somehow I didn't received email info about your post.

EDIT: I guess that that *could* be fixed in recent update, sorry for my big delay, If I stumble across that bug again I'll post it immediately. :)

Edited by m1dyyy
Clarification

Share this comment