Spyglass/SuperSpyglass can be used infinitely with rope-building trick

Amberboss
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

Spyglass/SuperSpyglass can be used infinitely with an easy trick.

1. build or find a (Super)Spyglass/ and more than 6 cutgrass.

2. prototype rope

3. when using the spyglass at a direction, immediately open Refine TAB and move cursor to the icon of Rope

4. use ESC to exit map, and quickly click on the icon of Rope

5. you can cancel the animation of building a Rope if you don't want it.

6. you will find that the durability of Spyglass didn't decrease.

I guess this mechanic of this trick is the time that durability of a spyglass reduces ONLY WHEN the backswing animation of 'using a spyglass' finishes. Buildling a rope can force stop the backswing animation of 'using a spyglass', and avoid decreasing the durability of a spyglass.

Please fix this bug/trick ASAP because it it making SW world a lot easier.

10-1use spyglass.png

10-2open refinetab.png

10-3work.png

10-4build a rope.png

10-5result.png

Steps to Reproduce
1. build or find a spyglass/super spyglass 2. get 6 cutgrass and prototype rope 3. use the spyglass at the direction you want and immediately open the Refine TAB 4. let the spyglass finish its work 5. when use ESC, fast click to build a rope 6. cancel the building animation if you don't want the rope 7. you will find out that the durability of the spyglass won't decrease

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm unable to make a rope using your fast click method. Wilson always completes the putting away animation before it will let me build..is there another step or trick to this that I'm missing?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm unable to make a rope using your fast click method. Wilson always completes the putting away animation before it will let me build..is there another step or trick to this that I'm missing?

Hi Jason,

PLZ try it again. (I am 100% sure you can reproduce because i have seen >10 SW players around using this trick)

Make sure, DO NOT click on 'make a rope' before entering map and reveal the portion of map.

Click on 'Rope icon' after you exit the map in step 4.

If you clicked on 'make a rope' in step 2, this trick fails.   (Only step 2 you only have to open Refine TAB. DO NOT click on Rope icon)

Share this comment

Yep, I've followed the process as you've reported. It has to work, as the video shows (unless that's mod enabled). but whenever I hit ESC, I'm unable to build (either by clicking the mouse or hitting enter) until the animation of the spy glass lowering is finished.

There must be another step to make this work. I can't think of it yet.

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yep, I've followed the process as you've reported. It has to work, as the video shows (unless that's mod enabled). but whenever I hit ESC, I'm unable to build (either by clicking the mouse or hitting enter) until the animation of the spy glass lowering is finished.

There must be another step to make this work. I can't think of it yet.

Hi Jason,

You have to use this trick on a boat (I have tried on a Raft and a Armored Boat). It does NOT work on land biomes.

I tried start a new SW world with NO MODs 5 min ago, and it worked.

Hope this time you can reproduce it. 

Edited by Amberboss

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Aha. That's got it. Thanks for the help.

No problem, Jason. Thank you also.

Love this game so much

Share this comment