Snakeskin rug looks too small on the minimap

MonsieurO
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

Hi everybody,

This issue might not be a major one (and this is probably why nobody ever mentioned it, to my knowledge) but it's still a problem.

The snakeskin rug is supposed to have a higher priority than all of the turfs except the carpeted one, and this is indeed the case in the game, however it always appear small on the minimap, while it should also appear a bit on top of other turfs it dominates, as per usual in this case.

Thanks for reading.

Steps to Reproduce
Plant a snakeskin rug on top of other turfs it dominates Look at the minimap

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

The size thing is just an artifact of the way tiles are rendered in Don't Starve.  Tiles on the main map have a fringe. And as you say, depending on the priority, that fringe will be on top of or below neighboring tiles. The snakeskin tileset has a high priority, so it's fringe sits above the other tile types. But the fringe is just for show. The minimap does not render a fringe, just tile by tile.  So the area may look different. Esspecially if you are placing turf in a one tile area or one tile wide area. 

It may be odd, but I wouldn''t call it a bug. Just a quirk of the tile rendering system. What is a bug is that the minimap texture for snakeskin wasn't set! It's just an empty hole at the moment. I fixed that. 

Share this comment