Season Change in Caves

bestnick8
  • Version: Console Pending

Playing RoG without SW enabled/linked & default settings... 1st play through started in Autumn, went through Winter & popped into a cave early Spring for light bulbs. Was out of cave within 2 or 3 in game days to find myself back at start of winter, although day count was still correct for early spring? I'll also just want to add that no Deerclops spawned in winter or Goose-Goose in early spring...

Deleted that game & started 2nd play through... Spring start, did Summer & popped into cave early Autumn. Only in for 3 or 4 days, came out to start of Spring. Went back into cave few days later, instantly started overheating, came out immediately to find I'm in height of summer. No D-Fly spawn in summer.

So the SW update has bugged regular RoG in a bad way with caves by changing the season it seems every time one enters/exits a cave. As for the lack of giants, I am aware they aren't guaranteed to spawn each season, but I've played RoG numerous time before the update & giants were fairly regular.

I also snagged some flotsam & got the sextant which has no image except for a small "1" when in my inventory or a chest...

Don't Starve_ Console Edition_20160811230727.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Wilson>RoG (*No SW enabled)>Going in caves changes the season.

User Feedback

Any word on a fix for these issues yet? Played RoG again this weekend with giants set to "Lots"... Got to day 50 so far & have only had 3 MooseGoose spawns, no other giants to speak of. SW compatibility is off.

Spring on day 50... Summer is around the corner, popped into caves & came out same day... Boom... Winter started

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'd like to know also...  The season flipflops are a real game breaker! We need some love on this fast!  Thanks!! 

Share this comment

Had the same thing happen to me, was on day 199 near beginning of summer, decided to jump down in the caves and start working on bunny hutches. was down there for about two days, I returned to the surface and it was suddenly spring again. hope this issue gets fixed soon, randomized seasons really kills the game for me.

Share this comment

I'm crazy late on this but I was in Autumn for no more than 6 days then it changed to Winter..went into caves for light bulbs to make a Lantern then poof!!! straight to Spring season lol. This is so confusing.

Share this comment

I'm just now experiencing this on PS4. I have SW enabled. I am in the middle of winter, and I go into the caves to collect more bulbs/slime for my lantern and as I come out I am back at the beginning of spring???... is there any update or resolution to this. This has actually happened a few other times in my saved game but I was already in spring and was wondering why spring was lasting so long. Then I went in during middle summer and came out it was autumn.

Edited by jmg84

Share this comment

Same issue here: coming out of a cave can switch season randomly. Done "extensive" testing: happens playing regular ROG worlds (still not liked to SW ones). Happened with and without mods enabled on different worlds. SEEMS that it happens more often in older worlds, if I have world-hopped, if I saved while in the caves. Anyway it happens OFTEN when it begins happening in a world. Sometimes it's even more subltle, changing the day of the same season (my first doubts about something wrong started when in a summer I spoiled THREE floral shirts - with standard setting on).

This is VERY annoying, it completely destroys all the planning and makes a great game so broken

btw I'm on a mac-steam client

Edited by neurocelso

Share this comment

This just happened to me right now.

I was almost done with the 1st Summer, went on caves to get some bulbs, 1-2 days, and when I came back it was Spring (same amount of days missing to Summer, as it was to Autumn). On a side note, but I don't think this is any problem, no giants the whole year...

Anyways, this has completely broke the game fun... I had things planned out and now I have to go through it all again + with wrong day counting forever. I don't think I feel like continuing, but what if this happens again after quite a few game hours? Huh...

Share this comment