Sealnado item deletion

Yirus
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Sealnado sucked me up with its AoE attack on land and I died. I am playing Wendy and at the time of death I was wearing a backpack and a hat, in my inventory were many items, including a doydoy that I picked up and fishbone. Packim Baggims and Abigail were following me.

I respawned via touch stone and sailed to the island I was killed on. What I found was that Sealnado had despawned, deleting almost all items that were in my inventory, but not quite all of them. Near my skeleton I only found my backpack lying and the doydoy running around ever-untroubled, all other items are completely missing - I searched the entire island and the sea around it.

Packim Baggims was still on the island, flying around aimlessly. I could not open him, as I only had the option to attack him. Abigail was still floating around but was not following me anymore. Her disobedience was fixed by reloading the game. Packim Baggims had gone missing aswell since then, either because he made his way off the island while flying around or maybe he disappeared when I reloaded the game. It looks like he despawned, since I can not warp to him via c_gonext("packim"). I can neither find fishbone via c_gonext("packim_fishbone") - the console simply states "Finding a packim_fishbone" with no result.

I am not playing on the beta version.

Steps to Reproduce
1: Have fishbone, a doydoy and other items are in your inventory. Wear a backpack and have Abigail summoned. Have a method of respawning available. 2: Die by getting sucked up by Sealnado's AoE attack. 3: Respawn and return to the area of death. 4: See that all items beside the doydoy and the backpack are gone, and observe Packim Baggims and Abigails unusual behaviour.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

You can also try c_countprefabs("packim_fishbone") It will show 0 if its actually deleted. Test it with an item you know you have like grass just to be sure. If so then spawning a new one in is probably fine.

Share this comment

On 9/26/2017 at 9:21 PM, zzKratoszz said:

You can also try c_countprefabs("packim_fishbone") It will show 0 if its actually deleted. Test it with an item you know you have like grass just to be sure. If so then spawning a new one in is probably fine.

Since the time of posting I have spawned in a new fishbone and resumed playing normally. I just tried the command you mentioned and it resulted in 1 fishbone being found in the world. The original one must be gone.

• Like 1

Share this comment