Screen Flickering (low refresh rate?)

theforaster
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Hi, I'm playing DS:S on a Surface Book [3000x2000 resolution] with 1gb ddr5 graphics and 8gb RAM. A little while after downloading Shipwrecked, my screen began to consistently flicker and distort whenever I moved my character, and I could see the screen very clear lines where the screen was refreshing. I've tried toggling all of the major graphics settings and changing from full screen to windowed, all to no avail. I even tried changing the settings file in my Documents folder to increase the refresh rate, since I'm given no option to change it through the in-game settings menu. One thing that did seem to slightly alleviate the problem was playing the game in windowed mode and lowering the screen size considerably, to the point where playing the game became difficult because the screen was so small. And I'm now noticing that the same flickering is occurring in vanilla and RoG Don't Starve as well. Not sure if the problem is directly related to Shipwrecked or not, but since it seemed like the catalyst I figured I would post in here.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced anything similar and has found a reasonable workaround. I'm not overly keen to reinstall the whole game, but if that's what's necessary I could give it a try.

Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
Simply moving my character around caused flickering and distortions

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.