Scrambled Seasons with worlds that use saved custom presets

StormDragon
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I played a world with custom world settings and everything went fine and I had a good run so when I died I wanted to play with those settings again so I set my custom settings again and this time saved the preset, however when I started the world using the saved preset settings I spawned with an island and ocean covered in snow, the snow quickly melted, and everything was briefly normal. However I saw a bunch of withered grass, I thought that was weird so I went to see if there was a set piece or something that was causing it. I started overheating. I moved away from the withered grass and I continued to overheat. I only cooled down when I stopped under a tree. I allowed myself to die then tried again with the same preset and the same thing happened. I tried again with the same preset only to have the same result. I decided to try again and see if it was the settings I used I saved several custom world settings with different alterations on each the only thing that produced a world where the seasons seemed to work normally was changing the start season to anything but the mild season, or saving a custom preset that is the default setting. I tried several different configurations and several different characters, both with and without my game pad. Taking screenshots of various stages of the bug as I tried several different things to gain as much information as I could. I pasted the screenshots and pasted them into the attached word document. This doesn't seem to occur when the changed settings are not saved.

Don't Starve Seasons Bug..docx

Steps to Reproduce
Create a Shipwrecked world with altered settings making sure that something is changed and the start season is the mild season, save those settings then start the game using the newly saved preset. If the bug has activated you should spawn into a shipwrecked world that is covered with snow.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.