Sails disappear when moving from boat tonboat

crazy_curlew
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

This happened to me twice - found a boat in the ocean  (rowboats) both with existing sails and lights. When moving to the new boat and trying to unequip the sail and light from old boat, both sails disappear. 

Steps to Reproduce
Try to unequip the sail of one boat while on another also with a sail

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

In your repro steps, it seems you are on one boat, and try to un-equip the sail on a different boat. Is that what you intended to say? I'm not sure how to un-equip a sail on a boat I am not standing on. 

But I was able to jump over to a found rowboat and unequip the sail, take it over to my old boat and equip it fine.

Share this comment

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

In your repro steps, it seems you are on one boat, and try to un-equip the sail on a different boat. Is that what you intended to say? I'm not sure how to un-equip a sail on a boat I am not standing on. 

But I was able to jump over to a found rowboat and unequip the sail, take it over to my old boat and equip it fine.

Hey Jason, I think, I've found the problem. You can inspect other boats' inventories via left-click while standing on another boat.

5a1751b30d87b_Inspectingboat.png.225774aeab11a8a0a03a96f458b8d832.png

If you right-click on the sail of the other boat, it works just fine and you're holding the sail with your cursor. But if you left-click (which says "unequipp"), the sail from the boat you're standing on correctly lands in your inventory, while the sail from the other boat completely disappears.

This can also be reproduced by having a Boat Torch, Lantern or Cannon attached and by unequipping a Boat Cannon from another boat via left-click.

Share this comment

Aha. I had a hammer in my hand so I couldn't "inspect" the other boat ;)  I see the issue now fine. Thanks for the help Mueck!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment