ruins map didnt created while go in

YunQy
  • Known Issue

so I already tried 2 times and both of the save files have same problem...I got DS from steam

while enter cave or ruins, usually the map files will created right? but not in my computer...there's no ruins file...when I in ruins and logout, and tried to back in game again, the loading is like when we first time enter cave or ruins...and my item, knowledge all gone...and I look at saved files there is no ruins file...hope klei can fix it...thx

1 more...the first save is wierd...the save have day like pic I sent to you...if I sync with cloud, that file wont erase (always creating each time I enter DS even though I already deleted it)

I dont know if this usefull but I sent my game files...I dont know about game mechanism either, and Im not good at computer too...be patient with me ^^

boot_modindex

cave_1_1_1

cave_2_1_1

cave_3_1_1

morgue

saveindex

survival_1

Steps to Reproduce
I just turn off the steam sync...using alt+f4, no other than that...

We are aware of this issue and have it logged internally but either we do not have a fix ready yet or we are not planning on addressing the issue in the immediate future.

Report Bug

User Feedback

.... ....

At the moment this seems to be an issue with Steam Cloud saves. We suggest turning them off. That means though, that you won't easily be able to jump to a different computer and play the same saved game.

To disable the Steam Cloud save on Don't Starve, you need to open the settings.ini file in some TXT editor. 
Find it here: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini

In that file you will see these lines:
[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = false

Switch the false to true, so it looks like this:
[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = true

Then save the file.

Share this comment

.... ....