ROG world with Shipwrecked compatibility. No spring or summer.

einn_ulfur
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Whenever I create a ROG world with SW compatibility. I only have 2 seasons (Autumn and winter). I've tried adjusting world settings, console commands, a mod I found on here (quick fix I think it was called) but I cant seem to make a ROG world that is SW compatible with all 4 seasons(summer, spring, autumn and winter).

Steps to Reproduce
Start new game, select ROG, say yes to SW compatibility, Start world.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

I have this issue, too. If I change config of Spring and Summer to something different from default. It will have all 4 seasons as expectation. I think this issue is the default value of Spring and Summer (with Shipwrecked compatibility) is none.

Edited by nxhuy93

Share this comment

I'm having this issue also and it doesn't spawn desert or deciduous biomes. If I so much as open the WORLD tab to customize the world spawn settings, this bug occurs (even if I don't change anything in the settings). However, if I don't open the WORLD tab, the bug doesn't happen. So, in effect, I can't customize the world at all-- if I attempt to, it just spawns a vanilla world with no RoG content.

Devs, please look into this. This must be a recent bug.

Also, I tried uninstalling multiple times, deleting all .ini files, disabling all mods, etc. Nothing has fixed it.

Edited by crashdown27

Share this comment

I have had this issue as well, I do not have the desert or deciduous biomes and only have Autumn and Winter seasons. I opened the world settings and changed one or 2 things I have not tested without opening the world customization

Edit:

After trying a couple world generations I have seen that the bug does not happen if you do not open world customization at all.

But does occur if you open world customization and change nothing and just cancel out, also if you open world customization and change only the spring and summer season, as well as if you open world customization and change several setting including spring and summer seasons.

Edited by Venus3869

Share this comment

I have this issue, too!! If I do not set world before start the game, it goes well. But I wanna start on autumn!!

Nowadays most people plays Hamlet version, they don't know about this bug!

Klei must know about this!

Share this comment

if you follow these steps you will be able to create a complete RoG world with compatibility with Shipwrecked in Don't Starve.
Create a new world > Select RoG > Click NO > Select your character > Open the world customization and set the Season Start to Autumn > Apply > Select RoG > Click YES > Start your world.

I've tested it a couple times and it all worked

Edited by GugaStarr
  • Like 1

Share this comment