ROG floral shirt - cactus flower recipe

crtn
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

So I am getting overheat in the summer so fast, I wanted floral shirt.

I have 5x cactus flower + papyrus + silk and the only way I can make a floral shirt is with using petals, which doesnt protect from overheating. 

I am playing ROG right now, but have SW as well. 

help ?

Steps to Reproduce
trying to make a floral shirt

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Are you sure it's not protecting from overheating?

Shipwrecked changed the recipe for the floral shirt because there are no cactus flowers in the Shipwrecked world. So you just use petals instead. There is a difference between the two shirts, but only that the SW version will float. 

Share this comment

Insulation doesn't mean you are protected from overheating.

It just delays it, but it will happen if you stay near a campfire.

Also the complaint is because the shirt is coded as a COMMON. So in a forest with Shipwrecked compatibility, you get the petals recipe.

Recipe("hawaiianshirt", {Ingredient("papyrus", 3), Ingredient("silk", 3), Ingredient("petals", 5)}, RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.SCIENCE_TWO, RECIPE_GAME_TYPE.SHIPWRECKED)
Recipe("hawaiianshirt", {Ingredient("papyrus", 3), Ingredient("silk", 3), Ingredient("cactus_flower", 5)}, RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.SCIENCE_TWO, RECIPE_GAME_TYPE.ROG)

Should be this.

Share this comment

Hi, I experienced a similar issue and I'm not sure I understand the reason given here. I've got both RoG and SW, but I was playing a game with RoG enabled, and the recipe for the floral shirt was the one including papyrus, silk and petals. Shouldn't this only be the recipe when you're playing with SW enabled, or have I done something wrong?

Share this comment

On 9/12/2016 at 9:50 PM, DarkXero said:

Insulation doesn't mean you are protected from overheating.

It just delays it, but it will happen if you stay near a campfire.

Also the complaint is because the shirt is coded as a COMMON. So in a forest with Shipwrecked compatibility, you get the petals recipe.

Recipe("hawaiianshirt", {Ingredient("papyrus", 3), Ingredient("silk", 3), Ingredient("petals", 5)}, RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.SCIENCE_TWO, RECIPE_GAME_TYPE.SHIPWRECKED)
Recipe("hawaiianshirt", {Ingredient("papyrus", 3), Ingredient("silk", 3), Ingredient("cactus_flower", 5)}, RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.SCIENCE_TWO, RECIPE_GAME_TYPE.ROG)

Should be this.

Oh hey! that totally exists! So yeah. This will be fixed.

Floral shirts will require cactus flowers in ROG and vanilla worlds even if SW compatible. (they will still only show up in vanilla worlds if it is shipwrecked compatible)

Share this comment