Puddles expand like tides despite monsoon season being over

C0Rb3N
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

When the monsoon is over, it takes a couple of days in the dry season for the puddles to dry out. No big deal, right? Except it doesn't work as intended, or at least not the way it used to. I'm currently in the beginning of the mild season already, and this is what I witnessed today:

1. Puddles never completely disappear on some islands, their source "tiles" (as big as a sandbag) are still visible and stepping on them makes you wet. Some of them are NOT visible and they still make you wet.

2. Puddles expand like tides during dusk and night. Except it happened in dry season and they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

3. Standing next to puddles during the day in dry season seams to make them disappear completely, but when a Dragoon Egg hits near them during volcanic rain, they suddenly appear on their previous spots, and come dusk they start expanding.

4. I'm currently in the mild season and my island still has many flooded areas that I rarely visit. Didn't check on other islands yet, but I bet every flood that was offline didn't disappear properly.

So, that is that. I hope my feedback was useful. Really look forward to a fix for these issues.

DS_SW_2016_11_16_1.jpg

DS_SW_2016_11_16_3.jpg

DS_SW_2016_11_16_2.jpg

DS_SW_2016_11_16_4.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
1. Start a new SW world in 193934. 2. Play through the seasons, wait for monsoon floods to kick in. 3. Play further into the dry season, see if the puddles behave as they should. 4. (optional) Try to wait through a volcanic rain standing near seemingly dried out puddles, see if an Egg landing nearby will make them reappear in the same spots.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Recently, I have similar problem. Puddles that are away from my base looks and works normally - but near base they appear strange (square like) and never grow bigger. Mosquitoes spawn from one of them.

puddles.jpg

Edited by voyager156

Share this comment

Bumping this real quick in the hopes that it'll be fixed. I generally don't necropost ever, but this bug has indeed resurfaced in singleplayer. It may have something to do with exiting the shard during Monsoon Season and skipping Dry Season altogether in the SW shard. I theorize that Dry Season is linked to killing off the spawner, and without Dry Season to do that once the shard is re-entered, the game doesn't know what to do.

Share this comment