[PS4] Seasons reset and days lost when entering volcano in mild season

PosterxG1rl
  • Version: Console Pending

After dry season was over and mild season began, I decided to go and explore inside the volcano. I spent one night inside of it and decided to return to my base. When I exited the volcano, I noticed it was pouring down really hard. Upon arriving at my base, I could see the world had a very green color to it, there was flooding, and saw the red bees spawning from a beebox indicating it was definitely monsoon season. It appears that entering the volcano has made me jump two seasons, and the days are also subtracted. I've also noticed my bootybag no longer drops dubloons after this bug has occurred.

TLDR;

-volcano reset my days and seasons

-was 3 or 4 days into mild season before entering volcano, and upon exiting, I was in monsoon season

-days are missing... went from day 167 to day 147

-only spent one full night inside the volcano

-previously visted and entered volcano before without any issues, so this was my second time going inside it

-bootybag no longer drops dubloons after this bug happened... I took the bootybag off inside the volcano and put it back on.. it's been days and no dubloons have dropped even though i've worn it consistently so the timer doesn't reset

-didn't notice until it was too late

-this save file didn't have another world linked/merged with it

Also, not sure if this is intended or not, but thermal stones will not stay icey cold for more than about 10 seconds. It seems broken.

Steps to Reproduce
1. A few days in mild season, enter the volcano and stay the night. 2. Exit volcano and days/seasons are reset or setback *Take bootybag off in volcano and put it back on, dubloons no longer drop.

User Feedback

1 hour ago, SmileForever said:

I entered the volcano during monsoon season and when I exited it , it was already dry season. Monsoon season was 4 to 5 days in.

Hopefully they address it within the next patch. For now, I'm staying out of the volcano.

My bootybag seems to be working again. However, I've noticed sandy piles on the island where my base is located will not regrow. It's been 2 seasons, and only one has regenerated.

Share this comment

That's all we can do for now. Just wait, unfortunately. Meaning I have to hold of on Shipwrecked until they patch the bug :/ I had plans to go in the volcano. At least I have Don't Starve Together for the mean time. Just released today on PS4. 

Share this comment

+ Caves!! they do it either.

When you enter caves and stay there awhile, season will change to the next one!

Share this comment