Odd Game Behavior with Map and Season

Beatamox
  • Version: Console Pending

Around days 50-60 on a Shipwrecked world, the game suddenly got very strange for me when I booted it up one day. The dry season had, for some reason, started back up again out of nowhere after it had been mild season for awhile and dry season had already ended. Alongside this, there was some very odd bug going on with my map where a large portion of it that had previously been revealed was made unrevealed again, as if someone had taken a paint roller with black paint on it and painted a single black streak diagonally across a portion of the map. This was all very annoying given that I'm very far away from my base and was completely unprepared for another dry season on such short notice, I had explored almost the entire map, and was close to getting the final key to unlocking Woodlegs, not to mention that I was over 50 days into the game. I doubt it could be fixed but I'd at least be interested to know what exactly this was. Save corruption? It should also be noted that I had set my game to have a long mild season and short every other season, and that I'm playing on Xbox One.

Steps to Reproduce
I was just playing the game normally as far as I recall. I can't remember if I exited the game normally or shut down the game without exiting the world via the menu. I was also, as I had said before, playing on a world I had set to have a long mild season and short hurricane, monsoon, and dry seasons.

User Feedback

I also had this problem! I figured I'd post in here instead of posting a new thread, but if it'd be preferred that I can post a new one.

lbEncRF.jpg

My map in Shipwrecked did the "suddenly unrevealed itself" thing too. Several times. It always happens in a straight line and hides whatever is on the opposite of the line. As seen on the image above, theres a diagonal line where my map has randomly cut off, hiding a big chunk of what I had already discovered, including my home base.

This issue usually happens when I save and quit and then come back after a time. Hope that helps!

Edited by TGI

Share this comment