Map Display

Gypsyundermoon
  • Version: iOS Pending

My map isn’t showing trees, grass, seaweed, my boat....that’s what I’ve found about four playing days in! It’s making the gameplay incredibly difficult. Help please! I’ve restarted the game, opened new game slots with different settings, turned my device on and off. There was an update today, could it be related? Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
Open a regular game, any settings, character I’ve been using has been the librarian. Should be immediate and apparent.

User Feedback

I have the same problem.  Additionally, Packin baggins won’t follow all the time and you can only see his shadow most of the time.  The “x” for treasure doesn’t show, there are are new items; tar, glowing jellyfish, black seabirds that leave behind something called roe.   The hounds look entirely different.

please fix.  Map problem does make it very hard... especially trying to find where you left your boat!

Share this comment

Same problem here when using Wendy (the girl with the surf board) and happened on day 70. However, now it affected all my other saved games and all new games. I even uninstalled the game on my iPad Pro (2016) running iOS 12.1.1 beta and the problem continues. No details on map including location of character, trees, bushes, fish, lobster, rocks, etc. screenshot the same as shown above by askob post. problem started on Dec 6, 2018  

i have played this game almost daily since shipwrecked was released and no issues, and have been on iOS 12 beta since August with no issues. Please address as the game suffers significantly from this bug. Otherwise this is my favorite game on iPad of all time. Thanks 

Share this comment

I have this problem too.  Playing on the iOS version.

i also can’t see my sandbags after I have placed them.  They’re there.  I can’t walk through them, but I can’t see them. 

Share this comment

Same. I deleted my saves and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Which I’m super salty about. It didn’t help. I can see twigs, spiders and berry bushes on the map. I can’t see myself or my boat. It’s made the game unplayable. I have a 250gb iPhone X.

4CDC6740-C9B6-4164-9D47-FF289DD658FA.png

Share this comment

Exact same thing has happend over 200 days into the last game I played. It was impossible to continue with all the progress made and images needed to keep going. Tried everything. Last thing I did was to delete the game, reinstall and install. Started a new game and same thing from the start. (Image attached). Took forever to acquire the skills to make meaningful progress in this game and wanted to keep going. I really love it, it’s the only game I play and I am so disappointed.  PLEASE FIX.

4A79EBB8-1F46-46B7-8B9F-A7613AB96F19.png

Share this comment

Hi, same problem. Map not showing same things as all of what the above comment says. Also not showing x is the mark. Playing on ios iphone SE. 

Share this comment

I just started having this issue too. Playing on iPad Air 2. Please fix this as this has been such a great game until this happened!

Share this comment

Developer, please, can you say, that you have already known about this problem, and you are working to fix it

Edited by Askob

Share this comment

Same issue, can’t even see treasure location on map. Various cliches with character disappearing. Playing on iPhone x

Share this comment

Same. Played in iPhone 7plus and I couldn't even find myself/boat/grass etc., which drives me crazy trying to find where i stopped my boat. Counting limpet rocks/pig houses becomes way more difficult.

Share this comment

Hi devs! Realize this must be a really busy period for you guys so any response would be truly appreciated. I've been meaning to gift this game to a friend for Christmas because she loves the original Don't Starve so much and I've been telling her how Shipwrecked is so great. Unfortunately, I don't think I can gift it to her now because the map issue is making it such a frustrating game to play. So many times, I've been running from things and desperately trying to find myself or the boat on the map but end up dying because these marks are no longer there. Or I end up making boats everywhere because I don't know where I left the last boat. It's been such a go-to game for me but now I'm finding that it's almost too difficult to play. Is there any indication you can give us that this problem is going to be looked at? Thanks guys!

Edited by Kinuki

Share this comment