Map disappearing

Tris4431
  • Version: Console Pending

So, I had bought the Don't Starve bundle on the Switch, and I've been having fun playing it. But, I've noticed a rather nasty bug. Basically, every time I go off and then go back on, a large chunk of the map I've discovered goes missing. So, for a rough example, let's say I've discovered 36% of the map. I'll exit, come back on, and then it's back at 18%. It's really frustrating. If I could get some help on this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce
Unsure. I had just saved and exited off the game, and when I came back on, it was bugged. Sorry if these instructions aren't helpful.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Yes, this happened to me as well on Nintendo switch. Both ROG and Shipwrecked. I was really frustrated coz it takes time to discover the whole map esp shipwrecked. I stopped playing for now. 

Edited by Mtgt

Share this comment

As you can see in the picture, map keeps disappearing and also I was unlocking Woodlegs. So I went into the volcano to unlock him and when I got out of the volcano, the whole map disappeared. It's game breaking. 

20180421_083852.jpg

Share this comment

I can confirm, I'm having the same bug as displayed in Mtgt's screenshot on the switch edition. Everytime I either leave the game and come back OR when I change zone (entering or exiting the volcano), then the portions of the map I discovered get "cut" along this straight line, and half of it gets blacked out. Frustrating :/

Share this comment

5adbca6012b29_dst01.thumb.jpg.9a40da764e1b13837bb1fcc5206ed726.jpg5adbca61d12c4_dst02.thumb.jpg.3d6f1f0d6872c9d298729b446dcff287.jpg5adbca640f607_dst03.thumb.jpg.fdcc287e3edfe5dbfac486e642ff6bb7.jpg5adbca656f741_dst04.thumb.jpg.1ec7a70abe881c073d567b1555e2b7b5.jpg

Now i pretty much dunno what to do..My cancellation right expires in 4 days :S I really liked the game but unfortunately in current state is unplayable :( BTW I tried delete all saves and started the new world,redownloaded the game and even started the game on my other profile without unlocked characters :S None of these things helped :(

Edited by Synodai

Share this comment

Yep I've had the same on Switch too... it's annoying since my main base was on a island that I had to keep rediscovering everytime :(

Quiting and re-entering the game... still the same....

Edited by Catrine

Share this comment

The patch only fixed invisible objects and music. Shipwrecked is still unplayable. I played ROG with no issues until day 50, (I mean if you don't go in the cave coz there's a season changin bug if you do go in the cave) anyway I jumped in the worm hole and chunk of my map disappeared.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Just wanted to chime in and say this has also happened to me many times now. It is frustrating and makes Shipwrecked pretty much unplayable.

Share this comment

Well lot of time left and still no fix for that game breaking bug.I got a decent NS library with 20 tittles plus and neva had problem with anth :S Maybe exept Payday 2 matchmaking buggy system :p It's a huge disappointment for me toward Klei espiacialy for game which exist couple of years plus we where w8ing for Don't Starve port quite a while :(

• Like 1

Share this comment

Exact same thing has been happening on the Xbox one. Will admit it's pretty irritating. I try re-logging into the game and all it does is either change what large area of the map is deleted, or it'll do nothing, still leaving me with a large deleted area of the map.

If this was a free to play game, I wouldn't complain much, despite the sizable off putting issue, but it's just more frustrating after having paid for it, and still having no sign of the issue being fixed.

Share this comment