Hound attacks when jumping between SW and ROG

DanklegsTheMemePirat
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

I just recently built a seaworthy in ROG around day 140 (I am not the best at the game so this is the first time I built one) and after I found the seaworthy in SW I went back to ROG. The moment the world loaded I was greeted with the sound of a hound attack and the voice queue of my character. That has happened every time I jump worlds. After getting my base in SW set up I heard the sealnado approaching, I was very excited because I have never fought it but I knew how to effectively kite it from watching numerous videos. The problem was that I had a 22% spear and my dark sword was in ROG, so I rushed to get to ROG before it spawned. As always the hound attack sound played as I entered ROG and I quickly rushed to grab my dark sword and leave. When I got into SW the sealnado immediately  spawned I kited it for a bit (forgetting armor) and then the hounds spawned. The sealnado did its sucking in attack as the hounds spawned and while trying to kite the hounds I forgot to run really far away, then I got sucked in and died. I had no resurrection things in SW so I revived in ROG I went back to SW to see the sealnado leaving with my things, that was the least of my worries. I rushed to grab my cane and Krampus sack as the sealnado flew away with some of my clothing and tools. The hounds ended up killing me twice and the second time I lost my world. I died the second time traveling back to ROG and Died in the transition animation. The two bugs that caused me to fail horribly are, Hounds attacks commencing every world transition, and being attacked while in the seaworthy animation. I hope these bugs get acknowledged and fixed in a patch. These bugs might have happened to other players, but I am not sure. 

Steps to Reproduce
Hopping between SW and ROG

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I am travelling between ROG and SW every week.

I feel that each world has an individual timer which is always counting down for hound attacks. If you have already created a SW world, then you jump back to your ROG world, and stay there for more than 10 days. The countdown timer at SW goes to 0 and you would receive a warning for hounds attack once you travel to your SW world on the next time.

Seasonal boss monsters also spawns very soon if you have passed the spawning time of the boss monster.

So I guess what you need is preparation for danger. You need to build something near the seaworthy which is able to eliminate the hounds in a short time, and have enough time to prepare for the boss monster. There are bunch of ways you can deal with hounds. For Example,

1. (the easiest way to learn) a matrix of tooth traps

2. a matrix of haywalls with ice flingomatic + obsidian armor/scalemail

3. a matrix of fertilized elephant cactus + cactus armor

4...........   just be creative

Share this comment

The hound "timer" will carry across from one world to the next in the next update, so you shouldn't be surprised by hounds on the other side of the portal anymore. :)

Share this comment