Goose Moose egg crash

Noemz
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I am playing the standalone version of Don't Starve with Reign of Giants, on Windows 10. I am not using mods.

The updater takes me up to version 194670.

Once Goose Goose has spawned, if I move too far away from it and then return, then the game crashes with this error (transcribed from the graphic attached below):

WARNING!
.../PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/prefabs/mooseegg.lua:124: variable 'OnAddMember' is not declared
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (global) error (C) <-1--1>
C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/strict.lua:23 in () ? (Lua) <21-26>
C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/prefabs/mooseegg.lua:124 in (field) fn (Lua) <102-154>
C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua:129 in () ? (Lua) <118-149>
=[C]:-1 in (method) SpawnPrefab (C) <-1--1>
C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua:166 in (global) SpawnPrefab (Lua) <160-170>
C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGmoose.lua:391 in (field) fn (Lua) <390-399>

I looked for this error and apparently a similar one was reported and resolved on Steam, but it is still broken for me on standalone.

OnAddMember_mooseegg2.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Once Moose Goose has spawned, if I move too far away from it and then return, the game crashes.

User Feedback

More important information!

I looked for the files mentioned in the crash report above, and two of them are missing:

C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/prefabs/mooseegg.lua

C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGmoose.lua

I don't know why I didn't receive these files in my RoG download/install.

Share this comment

@Noemz and @untouchableclb, welcome to the forums!

Wow, the standalone game seems to be way behind. Use this in the meantime, just download it, extract it in the mods folder of your DS installation and activate the mod in the mods menu.

Btw, you're not missing any files. The RoG files are stored in the data\DLC0001 folder of your DS installation, but are read as if they where in the data folder, similar to how mods work. So for example, you'll find mooseegg.lua in data\DLC0001\scripts\prefabs.

Edited by alainmcd

Share this comment