Game version is still at 239100

akuajak
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

Newest version is 243968. Steam doesn't seem to update the game even with automatic update turned on. Tried verifying the game files but still not work. Game menu still shows Seas The Day title and version 239100. 

20171201110543_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Run the game with Shipwrecked on.

User Feedback

My guess is this is a steam issue. My version on Steam is 243968. 

Maybe try putting steam offline and then back online? (the ol' unplug and plug it back in)

Share this comment

I agree probably a Steam issue. I have tried every guide there is but to no avail. However, reinstalling works because it also downloaded latest version of the game. I'm not sure for future updates though. 

Thank you for your help.

Share this comment

I've got the same issue, but reinstalling hasn't worked the three times I've tried. (Twice with shipwrecked, once with everything) Any ideas?

Share this comment

239100 is the last beta build if the update list is correct. Try opting back out of the beta and see if that helps, if you haven't already.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Try opting back out of the beta and see if that helps, if you haven't already.

Just tried it, and didn't work. I appreciate you trying to help though.

Edited by averagewalrus

Share this comment

I just realized this. Initially I thought 243968 is for Beta. Entered Beta and it's 239100 and when opted out it's 243968. You are correct Faintly. My mistake there.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, averagewalrus said:

Just tried it, and didn't work. I appreciate you trying to help though.

Did you try running the game or uninstalling and reinstalling again after opting out? Also, I wonder if there's something Klei needs to do here. Shouldn't the beta branch be ended?

Share this comment

54 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Did you try running the game or uninstalling and reinstalling again after opting out?

I was stupid. I read your first post as "Uninstall then reinstall the beta." I just opted out, and started the game and boom, it's the newest version. Thanks for the help! Also sorry for misreading your post and causing unnecessary hassle.

Share this comment