Game not opening

canesen
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

When I try to open my Don't Starve Shipwrecked it just doesn't even open. It isn't like it says WARNING! it just doesn't open. And I have played the game in the past can you please help?

Steps to Reproduce
First I tried to open the game and it didn't

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Does this happen when the game is first launching, or after you try to load a saved game?

Could you please make this happen in your game, and then attach your log file to this post? (Found in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt)

Share this comment

I've got exactly the same problem. I'm on a mac with Mac OS 10.9.5

I just bought Reign of giants and Shipwrecked DLC, but the game seem to not be able to load

Here is my log. Hope you can help me...

log.txt

Share this comment

@pseyer According to your log, one of the game files is missing. Please try validating your game cache in steam by:

In steam: right-click on Don't Starve and choose "Properties". On the "Local Files" tab press the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button. Let me know if that doesn't solve the issue.

Share this comment

Thank you for this advice ! Now it seems to work perfectly, though I didn't have time to play a long time.

Share this comment