game locking to 30 fps itself

Mikon
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Game locking itself to 30 fps. At first i have 60 fps, then after 2-4 min the game lock to 30 fps. Its happening since new update. I don't know why. I'm playing in world created before the update and it's on 230 days.

Specs: i5-7500,Gtx 1060,16 GB ram, windows 10 64-bit

Steps to Reproduce
1.Play game 2.See 60 fps 3.After a while game lock to 30 fps 4.think whats the problem

User Feedback

The animation and timing in the game is created at 30 frames per second, so I'm afraid it can't go faster than that.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Pending

I had a chat with someone more technical. The game can run at 60fps for things like camera movements and such. I'm not sure why your performance would have changed.

Can I ask what the refresh rate of your monitor is?  And if you send us your save file, maybe we can find something that is causing the slowdown.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

well the game got update 1,3 MB so i tried the game again, guess what, no drops, just 60 fps all the time, i dont know if its permanent but it is now ok, ill just test one more time. My refresh rate is 60 Hz

ill reply after 20 min if its good or not

Edited by Mikon

Share this comment

That update shouldn't have had any effect. Maybe your system just had a hiccup for a moment, like, you were playing some really sic tunes at the time and it had to take a moment to appreciate them?

Anyway, if it happens again, you can send us the save file and we can take a look. 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, FuriousBr said:

Notebook mode= false

Nice try but its always false

Edited by Mikon

Share this comment

No news yet. The rar you sent us was a Shipwrecked world at day 1. Was it supposed to be at day 1?

Also giving us a profile report might help. As well as a dxdiag report.

To get the profile report, you run the game, and at the console run: TheSim:ToggleFrameProfiler()
Let the game run for a few seconds (3 seconds is fine) and run the same command again. Preferably before and after the frame rate drops, but at 3 seconds, I'm sure that can be tough to catch. you will find the report at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\profile.json 

If you toggle it on and off several times, it will overwrite the report each time. 

Share this comment

Thanks for reply. It should be day 235. I have tried to play today. I played for an hour and didn't experience any fps drops. Also here are files: Dxdiag, profile.json (without drops because no drops occurred), rar file from documents, and rar file from steam save directory. I don't understand why the rar was day 1, so here are all files/folders/saves that connects to DS.

profile(no drops).json

DxDiag.txt

steam save location.rar

Klei.rar

Share this comment

Just wanted to say that I'm having a similar problem. I just bough the game and I'm experiencing very choppy framerates both in full-screen and in windowed mode. However, this only occurs on my main monitor which is a 1440p G-Sync monitor @144Hz.   If I move the window to a secondary 60Hz monitor, everything is smooth. I also get smooth gameplay on my 60Hz laptop screen (different computer).

Share this comment

On ‎6‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 8:20 PM, fishy007 said:

Just wanted to say that I'm having a similar problem. I just bough the game and I'm experiencing very choppy framerates both in full-screen and in windowed mode. However, this only occurs on my main monitor which is a 1440p G-Sync monitor @144Hz.   If I move the window to a secondary 60Hz monitor, everything is smooth. I also get smooth gameplay on my 60Hz laptop screen (different computer).

I have only 1 60Hz monitor

Share this comment