Game crashed after entering adventure mode in SW and won't run the character slot anymore

marieannedt
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Can't Reproduce

Please choose a category
*Pick the option that fits the issue the most. Ideally use this in your thread title aswell*

[Crash]

Platform
* Pick your platform. For instance, standalone on Mac is also possible.*

• Steam
  • Mac

• Do you use mods?

Yes when the game first crashed, but then I disabled them and also deleted them/unsuscribed but it didn't help. They were all SW/ROG compatible. Here is a list of the mod from steam's workshop I had suscribed to:
    - Map Revealer (not activated in game)

- Craftable Portable Crock Pot
    - Display Food Values
    - No Warning (SW compatible)
    - Dawnbreak (SW - ROG - Vanilla)
    - Auto Catch Both ROG and SW compatibility
    - Scythe
    - Craft Pot [DS, ROG, SW, DST]
    - Minimap HUD
    - Minimap HUD MZ (can't remember which one was activated though)
    - Throwable Spears
    - (abandoned) RPG HUD Neat
    - Wormhole Marks
    - SmartCrockPot
    - Season Clock (only mod ROG compatible only)
    - Additional Equipment
    - Extended Map Icons
    - Sort Inventory
    - Combined Status

Version Number

Rev. 181319
    2016-06-15_16-49-16
    16:52:16

Issue title

Game crashed after entering adventure mode in SW and won't run the character slot anymore

Describe your issue

Hi,

The game first crashed while it was initializing adventure mode in SW (I had just activated the wooden thing), no in game error message just apple's crash log. I restarted the game, the character slot indicates " 2 - 1 " but when trying to launch it, it runs the black screen with "loading..." at the bottom and then the screen just shuts down.
    I have tried playing on another character slot I have and it runned smoothly so it only with the slot that crashed.

I had a few mods installed through steam (all ROG/SW compatible) when it first crashed, I tried running the slot with the mods on, without them (deleting them from local files, checking integrity of game cache) but it didn't help.
    Although this isn't related maybe it could be relevant: I have had some SW/ROG issues before when merging a SW character with a prior ROG character, but disabling mods always seemed to do the trick. Said issues where game crashing with a error message when trying to dig previous character's grave and trying to enter maxwell's portal with new character.

I wanted to try reinstallingVCredist and DXSetup but couldn't find them in mac? :/

Is this a known issue? I hope there is a way to fix it or somehow get the log for an earlier save point, I'd hate to lose that slot :(... 

Thank you for your time!

log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Play as Warly with mods (indicated in the main post), activate wooden thing in shipwrecked, see if it crashes? I'm not sure.

User Feedback

Hey marieannedt, if you can send us your save file, it would be very helpful in tracking down whats going wrong with your game.

You can find it at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save\  and it will be labeled something like shipwrecked_1 or survivial_5  where the number is the save slot (top is _1, bottom is _5)

Share this comment