Game crash after crossing the world border

Surr_
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

Game crashes over and over again if i try to enter the "border fog". If its important, im playin as Wigfrid, usin a cargo boat, its day 23, its rainin. Error screenshot attached.

2016-08-29 18_22_08-Don't Starve.png

Steps to Reproduce
Wig's on the boat, attempts to cross the "end of the world".

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I couldn't reproduce this, but I had a hunch of why it was happening and made a change for that, so it might be fixed.

Share this comment

On 9/7/2016 at 7:23 PM, Jason said:

I couldn't reproduce this, but I had a hunch of why it was happening and made a change for that, so it might be fixed.

It happens very often to me during hurrican season when the world encounters heavy rain, strong wind and lightening strikes. The game has a 1/3 chance to crash when travelling across the edge of the world.

Share this comment

This just happened to me 3 out of 3 times. Interestingly, I was also on day 23, and I also had hurricane season with heavy rain, strong storm, and lightning strikes.

I'm playing on the new beta branch, and I do have a few mods enabled {Combined Status, Display Food Values, Extra Slots, Health Info, Wormhole Marks}.

I've attached my save folder in case anyone wants to reproduce/debug. Slot 1.

edge_of_world_crash_save.zip

Share this comment

I just got this crash repeatedly, I got through once in five tries, but I got pushed back in by the wind and it crashed again! :(
I'm also on day 23 in a storm with only Wormhole Marks used on this world. Unfortunately, disabling the mod didn't help. I'm guessing it's still the mod though (not fully compatible with SW), I can imagine world borders might reuse some of the wormhole code.

Share this comment