floods set to none not working?

seaven
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Just reposting a post I made but to the right category.

If you wish to skip to main question and not care about the backstory, scroll to the bottom part

So I've played shipwrecked for quite a while now, and I've not made a base on the beach because of the tides. My personal goal is to always make a base that could theoretically last forever. Self sustainable base if you will. But to make sandbags, you need machetes to get cloth from bamboo...only machetes cost flint, which I think is a non-renewable resource. So another option was that I made a new world and went into the settings and went to the floods setting and changed that to none. I would assume this should make it that there are no natural floods created from the shore (not rain puddles), but yet, there is still flooding from the shore.

What exactly is the purpose of setting floods to none before you create your world if floods still appear from the shores at night naturally regardless (not made from rain puddles)? How exactly does this setting work? I would love some clarification and if it is a bug then can we please fix it? Would be really nice if I could make a base on the beach without having to make sandbags constantly. That, or make a gold machete would be nice since gold is renewable and flint is not. Thanks

Steps to Reproduce
Being on the beach at night, the beach would still get flooded when flood was set to off?
  • Like 1

User Feedback

buddy, the floods of the shores appear naturally when the night comes, so isn't a bug, put the setting floods to none, make only the flood of the rain don't appear. 

it's a reference to the high tides that appear on the real life when the moon is above us.

So, it's a pleasure have to help to fix your "bug"

Share this comment

On 3/14/2017 at 6:03 PM, JezusDayz said:

buddy, the floods of the shores appear naturally when the night comes, so isn't a bug, put the setting floods to none, make only the flood of the rain don't appear. 

it's a reference to the high tides that appear on the real life when the moon is above us.

So, it's a pleasure have to help to fix your "bug"

Okay well I posted this in another category and a mod told me thank you for the report and told me to post it on bug tracker. Also, I had to post this because the settings don't have a description about what setting tides and floods on or off do. I will test the tides settings off to see if tides still come at night. The icons next to the settings are confusing too because the picture for "floods" shows a picture of a palm tree and some water so one can assume it's on the beach and it would be safe to assume it could possibly affect floods from tides since tides come from the beach. The tide icon shows a moon and water, so it was hard to figure out whether it affected just the ocean or the beach since floods had a palm tree picture and tides had a moon. Mainly my big confusion was the fact that the pictures confused me in the icons and they didn't have a small description of what these settings do. You don't have to say pleasure to fix my "bug" and instead just say fix my issue. I never declared it was a bug, I was asking if it was a bug or how the settings affected the game.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, seaven said:

Okay well I posted this in another category and a mod told me thank you for the report and told me to post it on bug tracker. Also, I had to post this because the settings don't have a description about what setting tides and floods on or off do. I will test the tides settings off to see if tides still come at night. The icons next to the settings are confusing too because the picture for "floods" shows a picture of a palm tree and some water so one can assume it's on the beach and it would be safe to assume it could possibly affect floods from tides since tides come from the beach. The tide icon shows a moon and water, so it was hard to figure out whether it affected just the ocean or the beach since floods had a palm tree picture and tides had a moon. Mainly my big confusion was the fact that the pictures confused me in the icons and they didn't have a small description of what these settings do. You don't have to say pleasure to fix my "bug" and instead just say fix my issue. I never declared it was a bug, I was asking if it was a bug or how the settings affected the game.

Oh!, so sorry, how it's here in the bug tracker i thought that was a bug.
So , don't get angry

Share this comment

On 3/16/2017 at 6:07 PM, JezusDayz said:

Oh!, so sorry, how it's here in the bug tracker i thought that was a bug.
So , don't get angry

Sorry too. I just felt like you got annoyed or angry for me posting about a bug when it was just my misunderstanding of the game. I didn't know where to post a question about potential bug and only did it because a mod suggested for me to. But on another note, yes I've tested the game so far and the tides do not come and flood the beach if you set tides to none. Just was confusing since tides flooding the beach, one could safely think the devs meant floods affect tides flooding the beach at night. It's just as I've said, at first glance the pictures in the icons for the setting are confusing and there isnt a description telling players what setting them off or on do. See another thing I dont understand clearly is what happens if you set volcano on or off and what if you set dragoon eggs on or off. I hated meteors in don't starve and always set them to none. I know dragoon eggs act like meteors but if I set volcano on, does that mean if I come across a volcano, it will erupt at some point and meteor shower wherever I am at? There's no descriptions in the settings to tell me exactly what each thing does specifically. Anyway my original issue is resolved, just set tides to none if you dont want tides flooding base on beach at night. Should I delete this post or keep it for others in future who might have same problem?

Share this comment

6 hours ago, seaven said:

Sorry too. I just felt like you got annoyed or angry for me posting about a bug when it was just my misunderstanding of the game. I didn't know where to post a question about potential bug and only did it because a mod suggested for me to. But on another note, yes I've tested the game so far and the tides do not come and flood the beach if you set tides to none. Just was confusing since tides flooding the beach, one could safely think the devs meant floods affect tides flooding the beach at night. It's just as I've said, at first glance the pictures in the icons for the setting are confusing and there isnt a description telling players what setting them off or on do. See another thing I dont understand clearly is what happens if you set volcano on or off and what if you set dragoon eggs on or off. I hated meteors in don't starve and always set them to none. I know dragoon eggs act like meteors but if I set volcano on, does that mean if I come across a volcano, it will erupt at some point and meteor shower wherever I am at? There's no descriptions in the settings to tell me exactly what each thing does specifically. Anyway my original issue is resolved, just set tides to none if you dont want tides flooding base on beach at night. Should I delete this post or keep it for others in future who might have same problem?

Yes, the icons stress one because we do not know what option it is. Even if they have names, they are also confused. So, I really enjoyed having this conversation, see you!

Pd: My english is bad, so if you're confused , excuse me.

Share this comment