Elephant Cactus Range

zzKratoszz
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Known Issue

For some reason Elephant Cactus can gain extreme range when they hit something in their intended range. In my example, I can destroy walls that are twice its effective range. If I get hit by the cactus first and I am in the general direction of the walls. It doesn't appear to matter if its the player or a butterfly as long as it hits something and that something is in line with what is behind it. Then cactus will effectively have double its normal range.

Where I am standing in the screen shot the walls are completely safe and do not take damage, nor trigger the cactus to attack them. The cactus can only damage the walls if something is in between the cactus and the walls to boost its range.

https://imgur.com/a/8TOpb

Steps to Reproduce
1. Take damage from a cactus. Something being hit is required. 2. Watch everything behind you suddenly take damage when it was previously out of range.

User Feedback

It's a little confusing maybe, but this isn't a bug, or at least I'm not going to change it at the moment. The issue is with the way the cactus damage was simulated. When something moves close  to the cactus, it will attack that target with an attack that is like a little explosion centered on the target. So the walls are within the "blast radius" of the cactus attack on the target. 

Think of it not as the needles going further than they should, but the cactus not seeing as far as they can shoot.

Share this comment