Dry season doesn't start

Ayparcasi
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Allright so i have been playing Don't Starve Shipwrecked for some time but i never got the chance to survive until dry season. Couple days ago i started playing as Walani and had a pretty successful and cheesy run. What i mean by cheesy is that i just hit ALT+F4 everytime there was a life-threatening situation like sealnado appearing at night with a hound attack at the same time, running out of light in the middle of the ocean when night is approaching or some annoying situations like realizing i forgot to take the magic seal with me after a 5 minute long sail to the volcano kinda thing. So after the hurricane season ended, the monsoon season started normally, flooding my island as usual. After like 10 days into the monsoon season the flooding just stopped in the middle of the season and i was real surprised because the dry season haven't started yet. I just thought that the rain would come back after a few days but it stayed like that until the end of the season and it was like as if there were a little mild season started between the monsoon and the dry season. My suspicions were confirmed when i checked on the inactive tiger shark den and i was real confused that something like this could happen. After playing for a couple more days thinking that the dry season would start in a short time, the SECOND hurricane season started! After i saw the blue tint on the screen i just quit the game out of confusion. The dry season didn't even start!

I am currently using three mods from the steam workshop named Health info, Display Food Values and SmartCrockPot. So are the mods messing up my game? Was I just unlucky to get such a horrible world generation? Or is the game just punishing me for all the times i hit ALT+F4 everytime there was a messy situation and not playing the game as intended? Or is this just a bug? Anyhow i have learned my lesson not to cheese my way out of tricky situations anymore. I'm probably just going to start a new game but im really curious why the dry season didn't start.

Any help and suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks

Steps to Reproduce
The only thing i was doing that was out of order was to hit ALT+F4 every time there was a tricky situation as mentioned above. Other than that i wasn't really doing anything that would cause this.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.