Crogodog Setting Doesn't Work

PatchworkIdeas
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

The Crocodog setting at World Gen doesn't work at all. If I set it to "None" Crocodog attack still spawn as on "Default" - with the sound warning and the waves getting bigger over time. Same happens on "Less" - they get bigger with every wave, getting overwhelming fast. I haven't tried if "More" or "Lots" works yet, but as neither "None" nor "Less" has any impact on crocodog attacks I assume the setting is broken overall.

Steps to Reproduce

Set Crocodog Setting to "None" at World Gen. Play a few days and get the growling sound warning, character warning and the crocodogs anyway.

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

I'm also having this issue. I recently removed the game and reinstalled from scratch to see if that would help. No good. 
Curiously, it's also a problem on Hamlet, where the batalisk settings do not work, but the hound settings on RoG work fine.

Share this comment

I've been having this problem too on Nintendo switch, which is really frustrating because I'm bad at fighting hostiles and usually turn off hounds, batalisks and crocodogs so that I can work my way up to fighting hostile mobs when I'm ready

I can survive the first few crocodog attacks but after a while they spawn in too quickly for me to kill them before they get me lol

I've had the same problem with batalisks in Hamlet, but at least it's easy to lead the batalisks towards the pig town or any of the hostile mobs if there are too many and I need help

Share this comment

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring that I also am having this issue. I can survive two at a time but not four and since it was set to be NONE, that's 6 too many.

Share this comment

Currently it is still an issue on the nintendo switch.  It's quite irritating when there is no sandbox mode.  I'm tired of having to try over and over again.  

Share this comment

Also an issue on PlayStation. Crocodogs spawn in gradually larger waves even tho I set it to none.

Share this comment