Crashed Corrupted Save File from SW to RoG

Myrithial
  • Version: Console Pending

Klei thank you for killing my interest in Don't Starve. I originally got this game free from PSN as an exclusive and became completely sucked in to playing it. I bought the RoG expansion, then I purchased the SW expansion all for PS4. So after conquering as much of RoG as I could I went to SW world from my RoG world and started exploring. Crashed. Ok that can happen. Loaded back in lost a full day and was on the other side of the map so I kept going. I crashed 4 times in an hour at one point. I want to say it was the normal farm that I put down because after I hammered it the crashing subsided a little. I started saving every 20 minutes or so which is extremely annoying as you have to quit in order to save. Every now and then I'd lapse and crash at a bad moment losing progress. Talk about annoying. Well I had completely cleared the entire map and gotten all the X marks the spot chests I had picked up. I lost my golden key because of a crash but I figured I would check out the volcano. When I got out I noticed my Krissures were continually shooting out flames. I could stand in it and no damage. I have already read about this bug. I also noticed that if I killed any innocent creatures I was not hearing Krampus hiss at all. This had been going on for some time. Well I decided to go back to RoG for a bee stinger run cause I had several stacks and I needed them for repair kits. Low and behold I crashed as soon as I entered RoG. So I restarted my PS4 Pro. Crashed again. So I removed DS and restarted my PS4 then reinstalled it DS. Crashed again. My game is now completely broken.

The error code is always CE-34878-0

I also had an issue with the Goose Goose causing an in game crash. I had to kill it any time it appeared. If it tried to lay an egg the game would crash and I'd have to close the application then open it again. As long as I killed it before it could lay an egg I had no problem.

Anyways I just lost weeks of play in a corrupted game file now and I don't know if I'll pick it back up again.

Signed,

Extremely annoyed gamer.

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game for several weeks investing a lot of time in to doing everything possible. Other than that I didn't do anything special other than build a base and float around on a boat.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.